News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Don't you start. I'm stilled miffed that you tricked these people into thinking Slavs are white <_< :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Barrister

Quote from: HVC on August 22, 2017, 11:23:58 PM
Don't you start. I'm stilled miffed that you tricked these people into thinking Slavs are white <_< :P

Don't worry - being a non-white porkchop isn't all that bad.  :console:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

HVC

If it wasn't for my weird name I could pass in winter :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Barrister

I was kind of disappointed I missed out on the eclipse.  I mean I was out camping so despite the warnings I looked up at the sun (and it did looks like it was partially eclipsed for the split second I could look) but that was a long way from totality.

Looking online though... if I could make it to New Brunswick / Newfoundland there should be a total eclipse in 2024.  Or... in 2044 there will be a total eclipse that covers Edmonton.  I mean... I'll only be 69 - I can wait that long, right? :hmm:

derspiess

You can't make this shit up.  ESPN is pulling an announcer from the first UVA football game because his name is Robert Lee.  Dude is Asian, btw.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/08/23/media/espn-robert-lee-uva-game/index.html
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Barrister on August 22, 2017, 11:19:14 PM
Quote from: Zanza on August 22, 2017, 11:17:52 PM
Quote from: HVC on August 22, 2017, 10:48:34 PM
Did some googling cause insomnia sucks.

QuoteOnly two of Germany's Bundesländer (federal states) have Catholic absolute majorities: Bavaria in the southeast (51.2%) and Saarland in the west (59.8%). Besides these states, Catholicism is also the largest religious group in Rhineland-Palatinate, North Rhine-Westphalia and Baden-Württemberg.

Omitting poor Saarland the other three are Germany's top states by GDP ( with Rhineland in 6th). Go catholics!

The highest GDP/capita is in the protestant states of Hamburg, Bremen and Hesse though.

:yeah:

And people laughed at the Protestant Work Ethic. :blurgh:

For good reason, since it is associated with calvinism, almost nonexistent in Germany nowadays.  :P
You find more Calvinists in France than Germany actually.  :D

Ed Anger

Kids are off to school. The twins and Michael were fine but Alexander and Jennifer about had to be dragged through the door this morning.

Damn 7 year olds need to man up.  :glare:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

My kids have almost 2 weeks before they have to go back :(
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grey Fox

1 more week for the oldest to start 1st grade. Fuck.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ed Anger

My kids are going to just love the school lunches after being spoiled rotten this summer by their mother.

Well, I spoiled them too. HEY KIDS! CRACKER BARREL!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

grumbler

Quote from: derspiess on August 23, 2017, 08:20:49 AM
You can't make this shit up.  ESPN is pulling an announcer from the first UVA football game because his name is Robert Lee.  Dude is Asian, btw.

Meh, people are way over-reacting to this.  I think ESPN is doing the guy a favor.  They should have replaced him with a Tom Jefferson, though, given that the game is between Thomas Jefferson's alma mater and the school he founded.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Barrister

Quote from: derspiess on August 23, 2017, 08:34:29 AM
My kids have almost 2 weeks before they have to go back :(

Mine too.  I'll now have two in school - a grade 2er and a kindergartener. :(

Caliga

Well he should have spelled his name Robert Li instead.  Duh!
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

Lol Ol' Bobby Li

J.E.B. Tiger Penis Soup

Valmy

That is the most bizarre thing I have ever heard. Is Tom Jackson still doing the NFL or will he make people think of Thomas 'Stonewall' Jackson.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."