Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

Quote from: FunkMonk on August 03, 2017, 06:48:48 PM
I just discovered that my DC library card gives me access to the entire Criterion Collection via online stream.

Goodbye world. You'll never see me again.

Well that's cool. Hope other libraries follow
██████
██████
██████

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: FunkMonk on August 03, 2017, 06:48:48 PM
I just discovered that my DC library card gives me access to the entire Criterion Collection via online stream.

Goodbye world. You'll never see me again.

:hmm: Maybe Ideologue got one too.

MadBurgerMaker

Hey Seedy. The hot tub is fucking awesome. 

I keep the light on the green setting so I can't see what the water really looks like.  :cool:

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on August 04, 2017, 10:13:48 PM
Hey Seedy. The hot tub is fucking awesome. 

I keep the light on the green setting so I can't see what the water really looks like.  :cool:

Oh, they're a blast, alright; I have very fond memories of my parents' hot tub whenever they were out of town.  They are fun until they break.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: citizen k on August 05, 2017, 10:30:31 PM
:wacko: :scots:

Well, in all fairness, that particular part of the earth they tagged is pretty flat.

garbon

Two Chinese tourists taken into custody yesterday when they posed for photos giving the Nazi salute. Chosen location? The Reichstag.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

So my sister takes my 13-year old niece to the Roger Waters concert last night.  Said the crowd looked like "a bunch of Pop Pop's friends" and thought it was funny that, yes, 73-year old musicians need an intermission these days.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 06, 2017, 10:50:17 AM
So my sister takes my 13-year old niece to the Roger Waters concert last night.  Said the crowd looked like "a bunch of Pop Pop's friends" and thought it was funny that, yes, 73-year old musicians need an intermission these days.

:D
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 06, 2017, 10:50:17 AM

:cool:

Your sister should be commended for her commitment to the socio-political development of her daughter.

Just don't let said juvenile anywhere near the 'Final Cut'.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Monoriu

Quote from: garbon on August 06, 2017, 02:32:08 AM
Two Chinese tourists taken into custody yesterday when they posed for photos giving the Nazi salute. Chosen location? The Reichstag.

The Chinese/East Asian attitude toward Nazism and Hiter etc is very different from the West.  Part of the reason is that the region didn't suffer from German aggression directly.  The historical WWII hatred is on the Japanese.  When I visited Thailand, I sometimes saw people putting up Nazi signs or symbolism.  They think it is cool. 

Josquius

At least it wasn't Auschwitz
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Monoriu on August 06, 2017, 08:38:09 PM

The Chinese/East Asian attitude toward Nazism and Hiter etc is very different from the West.  Part of the reason is that the region didn't suffer from German aggression directly.  The historical WWII hatred is on the Japanese.  When I visited Thailand, I sometimes saw people putting up Nazi signs or symbolism.  They think it is cool. 

Doesn't really matter what their attitude is. You behave yourself in your host country.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.