And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Quote from: grumbler on July 11, 2017, 09:04:15 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on July 11, 2017, 06:35:21 PM
There will be no super squirrels, eventually they will all get relocated. Relocation is permanent.

That's your final solution to the squirrel problem?

Yes, like history has shown relocation is a lie.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 11, 2017, 02:12:49 PM
I've never heard of squirrels fucking with gardens before.

I don't know about the American experience but eastern canadian squirrels act differently from western canadian squirrels. The main reason seems to be that in the east they lack any kind of natural predator, especially in urban areas.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

Have coyotes gotten to that part of Canada yet?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Savonarola

Rather than treating the squirrels as a problem, GF, you should treat them as an opportunity:

Squirrel Pot Pie Recipe

Squirrel is just about the most ethical thing you can serve on a dinner plate; it's free-range, plentiful, low in fat, and low in food miles (local).
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

derspiess

Those hillbillies were on to something.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grey Fox

I want to eat them but my girlfriend refuses. :(

Cats don't climb trees fast enough & dogs aren't predators for anything. No coyotes here, yet.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 12, 2017, 09:26:43 AM

Cats don't climb trees fast enough & dogs aren't predators for anything. No coyotes here, yet.

My dog caught and killed a squirrel last month. :huh:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Leave the fucking squirrels alone, man.  They were there before you anyway.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on July 12, 2017, 09:34:10 AM

Wow, I didn't know they could actually succeed at it.

Props to BBjr#4

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 12, 2017, 11:53:50 AM
Quote from: Barrister on July 12, 2017, 09:34:10 AM

Wow, I didn't know they could actually succeed at it.

Props to BBjr#4

I don't know how she managed to do it actually.  She also caught a gopher last year too.

Guess who had to get rid of the dead rodent afterwards. <_<

Grey Fox

Your dog is a wolf?

Atleast you own the dog! The neighborhood cats leave me dead birds all the time.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 12, 2017, 12:11:26 PM
Your dog is a wolf?

Atleast you own the dog! The neighborhood cats leave me dead birds all the time.

She's a Yukon rescue dog, so anything is possible.  She's pretty dumb though.

Last week my car, who is a thouroughly indoor-only cat, for some reason my wife decided to put him outside on a lead in the front yard.  About a minute later my 3 year old is yelling "daddy come look!".  Yup - he caught himself a mouse.