News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Monoriu

Well that was my experience.  My high school was like that.  Obviously I skipped a lot of professions like engineering, accounting and what not, but you get the idea.  :huh:

Eddie Teach

1 guy wanted to be a comedian but was too afraid of becoming destitute he took a government job instead.

dps

Quote from: Monoriu on July 09, 2017, 09:38:33 PM

Ok.  Obviously I don't know much about US highschools.  My assumption would be, that out of the graduating class of 200, 50 wants to be a medical doctor, 50 wants to be a lawyer, 50 wants to be a banker, 49 wants to be a general office worker, and 1 has no plan.  So we need to make that one guy make up his mind as to whether he wants to be a lawyer or office worker. 

Midway through their senior year, it would be more like out of 200 maybe 100 want to go to college (maybe half of those actually know what they want to major in), 10 plan on going into the military, 10 plan on going to a technical school, 50 plan on looking for a job of some sort, 24 plan on just continuing  to live with their parents without working or paying rent or otherwise contributing economically to the household, 5 plan on making a living via criminal activities, and 1 actually has a legitimate civilian job lined up.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: The Brain on July 09, 2017, 09:55:40 AM
Quote from: Monoriu on July 09, 2017, 09:17:06 AM
Not really.  I want to study STEM to get into a bank is a plan.  STEM itself isn't a plan.

OK Paul.

Tweet.  Expired Languish reference.  Yellow card.

Monoriu

Quote from: Eddie Teach on July 09, 2017, 10:04:03 PM
1 guy wanted to be a comedian but was too afraid of becoming destitute he took a government job instead.

It is my destiny to work in a bank.  I chickened out and accepted mediocrity.

The Brain

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 09, 2017, 10:58:49 PM
Quote from: The Brain on July 09, 2017, 09:55:40 AM
Quote from: Monoriu on July 09, 2017, 09:17:06 AM
Not really.  I want to study STEM to get into a bank is a plan.  STEM itself isn't a plan.

OK Paul.

Tweet.  Expired Languish reference.  Yellow card.

:(
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

derspiess

Quote from: dps on July 09, 2017, 10:55:58 PM
Midway through their senior year, it would be more like out of 200 maybe 100 want to go to college (maybe half of those actually know what they want to major in), 10 plan on going into the military, 10 plan on going to a technical school, 50 plan on looking for a job of some sort, 24 plan on just continuing  to live with their parents without working or paying rent or otherwise contributing economically to the household, 5 plan on making a living via criminal activities, and 1 actually has a legitimate civilian job lined up.

Sounds like you went to one of them fancy high schools.  Mine was worse than that.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Monoriu on July 10, 2017, 12:35:27 AM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on July 09, 2017, 10:04:03 PM

It is my destiny to work in a bank.  I chickened out and accepted mediocrity.

What kind of banking job did you have in mind? 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Branch manager. Gotta keep those tellers in line.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josquius

The whole STEM or death thing is so 20th century.
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Quote from: Tyr on July 10, 2017, 08:47:35 AM

OK Daddy Coal.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: The Brain on July 10, 2017, 01:18:29 PM

OK Daddy Coal.

Coal is so 19th century, so it tracks.

CountDeMoney

Maybe in Transylvania or wherever, but not here.

Ed Anger

They turned my old high school into a STEM school. The administration is still a bunch of tryhards though.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive