News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbatjA-N5z8

Obama's response on the Kanye West thing, including audio of him calling Kanye a jackass.  Obama goes up several points in my book.   :)
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Alatriste

Quote from: Zanza on September 15, 2009, 12:32:13 PM
Volkswagen's 157 mpg concept car. They consider producing it in three years. It's really small though, but fits two adults (one in the front, one in the back). It's an interesting concept for a city car IMHO.

Interesting,  I wonder why they chose that arrangement of seats. Do you have some link?

Tamas

Quote from: ulmont on September 15, 2009, 09:16:57 PM
Tamas, I'm watching Big Bang Theory from the start now, and I hate you and your avatar* more with each passing episode.

*But not Ira.  Ira, you are the man.

Why all the hate?  :cry:

swallow

Quote from: Tamas on September 16, 2009, 02:34:47 AM
Tamas, I'm watching Big Bang Theory from the start now, and I hate you and your avatar* more with each passing episode.

:hug: I love Big Bang

Brazen

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

ulmont

Quote from: Tamas on September 16, 2009, 02:34:47 AM

I honestly don't remember.  I think the line of reasoning was that you were debasing Leonard with your avatar.  Going to have to chalk that one up to beer and move on.   :hug:

Valmy

Leonard: "Howard's at the Mars Rover Lab, he says he is in trouble.  Defcon 5."

Sheldon: "Defcon 5?  Well there is no need to rush."

Leonard: "What?"

Sheldon: "Defcon 5 means no danger, Defcon 1 is a crisis."

Leonard: "How can 5 not be worse than 1?"

Raj: "Well Star Trek 5, worse than 1."

Sheldon: "Ok first of all that is a comparison of quality not intensity.  Secondly, Star Trek 1 is orders of magnitude worse than Star Trek 5."

Raj: "Are you joking?  Star Trek 5 is the standard against which all badness is measured!"
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Tamas

Yes it is awesome  :D My avatar shall stay until the next season's premier next monday.

Valmy

To show what a huge geek I am I was so happy Sheldon finally said what all nerds think whenever they hear Defcon 5 misused in popular culture.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

charliebear

I received this interesting fact in an email today:

QuoteA little known fact....

The first testicular guard, referred to as the "Cup" was used in Hockey in 1874, and the first Helmet was used in 1974.

It took 100 years for men to realize that the brain is also important

Josquius

Because helmets in hockey are dumb. No one wears them.
Sounds like that thing that gets spread around about the Americans wanting football goalkeepers to wear helmets.
██████
██████
██████

Jaron

Quote from: Malthus on September 16, 2009, 09:26:28 AM
Hey Jaron! Need work? ;)

http://greensboro.craigslist.org/etc/1376445083.html

:huh:

Not only am I way too tall, but do you seriously think someone of my educational background and cultural sophistication would stoop to walking around a party letting people dip their chips into salsa cups balanced on my sombrero?

You're always the first to cry about anti semitism but sure as hell don't mind dishing it out to other minorities that you clearly view as beneath you.

Pig!
Winner of THE grumbler point.