News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brazen

Announcement on the Tube this morning:

"Ladies and gentleman, this is your driver speaking. This train is being taken our of service due to human excrement in a carriage. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, some delightful person had a crap on my train."

CountDeMoney

My nieces are a trip.  The three year old torments the shit out of her older sister, it's hilarious.  She's becoming a professional antagonizer, just like her Uncle.

6 year old-- "I was talking to myself, and McKinley told me to shut up."
Uncle Jay Jay-- "McKinley, we shouldn't tell people to shut up."
3 year old--"But I was talking to MYself."

How do you argue with that?

Josquius

Quote from: Brazen on September 15, 2009, 05:29:46 AM

"Ladies and gentleman, this is your driver speaking. This train is being taken our of service due to human excrement in a carriage. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, some delightful person had a crap on my train."
I thought that was normal behaviour on the tube ;)
██████
██████
██████

Brazen

Quote from: Tyr on September 15, 2009, 05:38:08 AM
That's what you told the cops last time you were here, eh?

Jaron

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 15, 2009, 05:32:32 AM
My nieces are a trip.  The three year old torments the shit out of her older sister, it's hilarious.  She's becoming a professional antagonizer, just like her Uncle.

6 year old-- "I was talking to myself, and McKinley told me to shut up."
Uncle Jay Jay-- "McKinley, we shouldn't tell people to shut up."
3 year old--"But I was talking to MYself."

How do you argue with that?

That is SO precious! :wub:
Winner of THE grumbler point.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Jaron on September 15, 2009, 05:47:40 AMThat is SO precious! :wub:

Isn't it, though? :wub: I feel all Merithus now, and want to procreate and buy a mini-van and a $2,000 stroller.

Razgovory

I R Nervous.  It's going to fucking rain today.  Great. <_<  I'll give you a report of the failure.  Probably not long after 2:00 PM Central.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Jaron

Quote from: Razgovory on September 15, 2009, 05:50:41 AM
I R Nervous.  It's going to fucking rain today.  Great. <_<  I'll give you a report of the failure.  Probably not long after 2:00 PM Central.

Good luck, Raz.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Alatriste

Quote from: Tyr on September 15, 2009, 05:21:55 AM
Heh, science/journalism fail:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features/2552553/Wi-fi-waves-make-top-DJ-Dave-Miller-sick.html

reply:
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/technology/iandouglas/100002500/why-no-one-is-allergic-to-wifi/

You know, I have had the dubious honor of dealing with some of these fools; they were trying to get our neighborhood to ban cellphone networks antennae.

There is 'ridiculous', there is 'very ridiculous' and even 'utterly ridiculous', but as far as I know, English has no words to define 'WiFi allergy' and the unscrupulous con men that are trying to scare the public.

The day one of those... gentlemen suffers a sudden outburst of pain when he switches on his toothbrush or I-Pod, can't get near an airport without fainting, suffers torture when he nears a TV, radio receiver or any other electric device... that will be the day when they deserve a modicum of attention.

Actually, as we have been bombarded every second of our lives with "radiation" far stronger than WiFi "radiation" (from TV and radio emissions, radars, and now from cellphone networks too) they wouldn't deserve attention even then.

Most are simply ignorant and wrong, but some of them are deliberately lying.

Josephus

Quote from: Tyr on September 15, 2009, 05:38:08 AM
Quote from: Brazen on September 15, 2009, 05:29:46 AM

Not since they banned drinking.  :bowler:
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Malthus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 15, 2009, 05:49:13 AM
Quote from: Jaron on September 15, 2009, 05:47:40 AMThat is SO precious! :wub:

Isn't it, though? :wub: I feel all Merithus now, and want to procreate and buy a mini-van and a $2,000 stroller.

News no doubt quite terrifying to the young lady imprisoned in your basement.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Ed Anger

For a mini-van I recommend the Odyssey.  :P
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Zanza

Volkswagen's 157 mpg concept car. They consider producing it in three years. It's really small though, but fits two adults (one in the front, one in the back). It's an interesting concept for a city car IMHO.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017