Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Somebody is going to HR tomorrow..... :whistle:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Fuck those people.  I am a contractor for the United States Government, and I have a thumb drive.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 28, 2017, 08:36:35 PM
Fuck those people.  I am a contractor for the United States Government, and I have a thumb drive.

If your agency is following regs, you won't be able to use it in a government computer.  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on March 28, 2017, 08:38:39 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 28, 2017, 08:36:35 PM

If your agency is following regs, you won't be able to use it in a government computer.  :P

DONT MAKE ME USE THIS MAN

They got much bigger problems.  Like Windows 7e.

Ed Anger

Hey, you could still be using 8" disks like the Air Force.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josquius

You know what I'd like to see. A site that examines alternative medicine neutrally and scientifically.
Googling for that stuff there's endless scientific looking sites selling the mumbo jumbo side <_<
██████
██████
██████

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Monoriu

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 28, 2017, 08:25:38 PM
And the 2018 fundraising shit is starting. Josh Mandel(R-Retard) is hitting me up hard for a donation in his upcoming fight against Sherrod Brown(D-Dipshit)

Anger rising.

Why get angry?  It is a very simple matter of saying no. 

Maladict

Quote from: Tyr on March 28, 2017, 02:31:00 PM
Amazing how much of a mess it is even in this prestige location.
And not a mess in the way its a mess now. A pre civilization rather than a post civilization mess

:huh:
It looks entirely normal.

Actually, it looks almost exactly the same today except for the embankment, construction of which would already have started in 1880.

Recommended: https://www.amazon.com/Steps-Off-Beaten-Path-Nineteenth-Century/dp/8881586673

Syt

Quote from: Tyr on March 29, 2017, 02:53:12 AM
You know what I'd like to see. A site that examines alternative medicine neutrally and scientifically.
Googling for that stuff there's endless scientific looking sites selling the mumbo jumbo side <_<

I find the Skeptic's Guide is a decent enough starting place: http://www.theskepticsguide.org/news
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Stop using "alternative medicine" and "scientifically" in the same sentence.  They are mutually exclusive terms.

Josquius

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 29, 2017, 05:22:42 AM

Stop using "alternative medicine" and "scientifically" in the same sentence.  They are mutually exclusive terms.
No.
On one extreme is obvious nonsense like homeopathy.
On the other is herbal remedies for stomach aches and the like. Some of which have some validity.
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

If it's proven to work then it's not really "alternative", now is it, Kellyanne?  Stop being a gypsy bag of beets.

Josquius

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 29, 2017, 06:51:20 AM
If it's proven to work then it's not really "alternative", now is it, Kellyanne?  Stop being a gypsy bag of beets.
Again no. Lots of scope between OMG super miracle cure that the doctors are mysteriously keeping hidden and hippy nonsense.
Yet I only ever seem to see one or the other.

Will check the site Syt thanks.
██████
██████
██████

HVC

If there's an old remedy that works big pharmacy has already put it in pill form. You can chew willow bark, or just take an aspirin.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.