News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

judging from my experience not a big deal in china, that or they only let people who don't know how to queue leave the country.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Josquius

My mother is impossible.
Watching some stupid celebrities doing something show.
I say "That black girl...I recognise her from somewhere.". We discuss a little who she could be and that she is funny looking.
Then the TV show starts to introduce the celebrities. Right where it gets to the name of this unknown woman my mother goes "Oh its her!" meaning I don't hear.
..."Who?"
"You know her."
"...no"
"Her from the thing".
"What thing"
"the thing with the aliens."
"And whats her name?"
"I don't know that"
:facepalm:
██████
██████
██████

Jacob

Josquius

Quote from: Jacob on March 24, 2017, 12:12:17 PM
Google?
I had to do that.
Would have been nice to actually have heard the one thing we were waiting to hear though.
██████
██████
██████

Jacob

Quote from: Tyr on March 24, 2017, 12:13:59 PM
Quote from: Jacob on March 24, 2017, 12:12:17 PM
Google?
I had to do that.
Would have been nice to actually have heard the one thing we were waiting to hear though.

Yeah fair enough.

Caliga

So who was it?  Zoe Saldana?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Josquius

Michaela Coel.
She is very...interesting looking.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Oh she has that Chewing Gum show that I keep meaning to watch.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

I had the chance to hold and try (well, short of actually shooting a bullet with it) a Berthier carbine from 1916. My pants were a dairy factory

Ed Anger

More fun tweet accounts:

Italians mad at food: @italiancomments

Butthurt wops whining about their fucking pig slop changed by others.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Apparently butthurt over a recipe from buzzfeed...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

I'm really confused about Virgin Media's business model.
There's teams of men digging up my parent's whole estate to install cable there. Several ugly grey boxes have appeared about the place. It must be costing a lot to do this.
And I doubt they'll get many customers out of it. It's a pretty low density area. Single family houses and bungalows with gardens, the houses are pretty spaced out. Also anyone who is interested already has sky.
There must be some government subsidy they're exploiting or some other non-direct means of making this worthwhile for Virgin, or the contractor doing the installation is taking advantage of a mistake in the order to exploit Virgin. Something fishy.
██████
██████
██████

HVC

Quote from: garbon on March 27, 2017, 01:31:20 AM
Apparently butthurt over a recipe from buzzfeed...

Cultural appropriation!
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

derspiess

Quote from: Tamas on March 26, 2017, 01:49:09 AM
I had the chance to hold and try (well, short of actually shooting a bullet with it) a Berthier carbine from 1916. My pants were a dairy factory

Wow, what kind of red tape did you have to get through in order to do that?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Tamas

Quote from: derspiess on March 27, 2017, 08:40:48 AM
Quote from: Tamas on March 26, 2017, 01:49:09 AM

Wow, what kind of red tape did you have to get through in order to do that?

I was with a guy who was pals with the museum guard :p