News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

You should visit a Turkish bath.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Is country code 88 the Nazi moon base?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

When you have an interview with BBC News, and your kids decide to run in on you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh4f9AYRCZY

:bowler:  :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

Quote from: Syt on March 10, 2017, 04:34:04 AM
You should visit a Turkish bath.

It was on my list before coming but.... I ended up not even bringing swimming shorts. Just not feeling it alone.
Been meaning to go to a Swiss hot spring with people sometime though
██████
██████
██████

derspiess

Quote from: Syt on March 10, 2017, 02:54:54 PM
When you have an interview with BBC News, and your kids decide to run in on you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh4f9AYRCZY

:bowler:  :lol:

My kids know to stay the hell out of my office when I'm working, but when the cleaning lady brings her son with her he has zero boundaries :angry:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on March 10, 2017, 05:24:10 PM
My kids know to stay the hell out of my office when I'm working, but when the cleaning lady brings her son with her he has zero boundaries :angry:

Why is he even allowed in the manor, aren't the slave quarters close by?

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 10, 2017, 05:56:35 PM
Quote from: derspiess on March 10, 2017, 05:24:10 PM

Why is he even allowed in the manor, aren't the slave quarters close by?

I let him play on the Xbox.  You think that would be enough.  But no, he has to wander in during a conference call and loudly ask what I'm doing. 

One thing he helps out with is eating up all the snacks in the cupboard that my kids don't like.  Little butterball ate 4 Twinkies a couple days ago.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

No wonder you voted Trump.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on March 10, 2017, 06:06:13 PM
I let him play on the Xbox. 

Pretty gutsy of you.  Must be bolted down.

Ed Anger

The game disc doesn't eject.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josquius

I've just realised the big problem with eu2 et all.
Peacetime is too dull. This is known. Sitting and waiting for the next war. Developing your provinces.... Meh. Click. Click. Wait.

Caeser 2 is actually the best empire building game of all time.
It flips the dynamic.
The provincial level and military stuff is just a small add on to the main game. The core of the game is about building cities.

That's what many historic governments spent most of their days doing. Building their capital. That and whoring.
EU5 needs a city builder.
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tyr on March 11, 2017, 12:49:24 PM
Peacetime is too dull. This is known. Sitting and waiting for the next war. Developing your provinces.... Meh. Click. Click. Wait.

That's Trump's problem, too.

Barrister

Carleton University removes scales form gym to avoid triggering anyone with body issues.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/carleton-gym-remove-scale-controversy-1.4021378
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Pretty unfair not just to those with body issues, but all reptiles, wouldn't you think.

Ed Anger

Ok Seedy, what game is that U-2 counter from?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive