Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agelastus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 26, 2017, 02:53:51 PM
Quote from: celedhring on February 26, 2017, 05:12:33 AM
Tests, I love tests!

http://thedailypolls.com/can-you-get-a-2525-on-this-advanced-grammar-test/

25/25 :smarty:

Congratulations, you are a grammar master! You have a superb understanding of even the trickiest grammar rules. Not only do you know the difference between affect and effect, but you also never confuse your tenses. You must be an English scholar because only 4% of Americans can get a perfect score on this test.

The test isn't that hard, so I sure hope that the "only 4%" bit is internet hyperbole.

25/25

25/25 to my genuine surprise - I figured my self-perceived blind spot with the correct usage of "to" and "too" would have tripped me up, among other things.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Admiral Yi

Damn dirty 4 percenters, the lot of ye.

grumbler

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 26, 2017, 03:11:30 PM
Damn dirty 4 percenters, the lot of ye.

They must all be "English scholars" since scholars in America apparently don't do very well on this test (though how the makers of the test new the precise success rate in time to post the results before the tests were given is another mystery).
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

grumbler

Quote from: Eddie Teach on February 26, 2017, 03:36:19 PM
Indeed, how did they no?

"No" is not the present tense of "new."  :rolleyes:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

grumbler

Bayraktar!

PDH

Get off your high pedal stool.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

I think the kids brought the cat inside the house and it pissed somewhere.  :glare:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

GM loses 9K on each Chevy Bolt sold.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 26, 2017, 08:01:44 PM

Chevy Bolt owners lose a hell of a lot more.  Like respect, manhood and self-esteem.  Can't put a price on that.

grumbler

Let me guess:  they make it up on the volume.

Bayraktar!

Grey Fox

Quote from: grumbler on February 26, 2017, 08:24:32 PM

Kinda

They make it on being able to sell Trucks that have bad mpgs.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

grumbler

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 26, 2017, 08:52:18 PM
Quote from: grumbler on February 26, 2017, 08:24:32 PM

Kinda

They make it on being able to sell Trucks that have bad mpgs.

Fleet Average.  Makes sense.

Bayraktar!