Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Grumbler's sidearm was a Pugio
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

11B4V

Quote from: derspiess on January 19, 2017, 09:49:32 PM
Wow, so instead of the Glock 19, the US Army went with the Sig Sauer P320 as the new sidearm.

Similar to the p250 which is excellent. Good call Army.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

FBI doesn't have as much need for a modular design like the Army, all those nifty toys to put on it.  Laser sights, flashlights, bayonets, Dixie cup dispenser.

But I disagree with 9mm.  I'd rather have seven .45 than seventeen 9mm, especially in a combat role.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 19, 2017, 10:24:15 PM
FBI doesn't have as much need for a modular design like the Army, all those nifty toys to put on it.  Laser sights, flashlights, bayonets, Dixie cup dispenser.

But I disagree with 9mm.  I'd rather have seven .45 than seventeen 9mm, especially in a combat role.
First part agree.

Old argument disproved long ago. If that was the case the M1 would be the standard infantry rifle.

.45 Kicks too much for the girls.

11B4V

Besides it modular so different caliber barrels can be had. So, while the line units and ash & trash units will stick with 9mms. SF community will most likely not.

Not to take anything from the M1911, but too heavy, low capacity, single action, etc.

Admiral Yi

Gunjack in the OT thread!  :mad:

11B4V

11B4V

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on January 19, 2017, 10:37:20 PM

The P320 also allows changing calibers from 9mm to .40 S&W, .357 SIG and, new for 2015, .45 ACP. All changes can be done with the same frames. - See more at: http://www.personaldefenseworld.com/2015/06/have-it-your-way-with-sig-sauers-modular-p320-series/#sig-sauer-p320-1

http://www.personaldefenseworld.com/2015/06/have-it-your-way-with-sig-sauers-modular-p320-series/#sig-sauer-p320-1

Yes.  I know.  :P  Not a big fan of fucking around with interchangeable barrels.

Edit: Yi:  Yeah.  Trumpstuff.  Get yoosed to it.

Ed Anger

Living the Dream:

Insomnia at 2:30am and eating a turkey lunchable with a grape juice box in the dark.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

celedhring

Looks like Trump has found a new head for the DEA and is flying him in time for the inauguration:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/19/world/el-chapo-extradited-mexico.html

QuoteEl Chapo, Mexican Drug Kingpin, Is Extradited to U.S.

Archy

alfred russel

To further my morbid turn, the topic of Pompeii came up at a dinner with friends. One person was describing the imagined scene at the docks, when everyone realized they would die, "Can you imagine standing there, knowing that you and everyone you love was going to die, and everything you had would be destroyed?"

I replied, "so basically it would be just like our own lives, just in fast forward." :)
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014