The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

MadImmortalMan

It'll make .5 past light speed.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Liep

Mark Hamill reading Trump tweets as the Joker.

https://audioboom.com/HamillHimself
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josquius

Quote from: Syt on January 16, 2017, 03:30:23 PM
The French battleship Carnot, commissioned 1897, sold for scrap only 25 years later.

[i[/img]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_battleship_Carnot

To. Be fair 25 years is a pretty reasonable life in that era. Not too massively short.
But what a freak
██████
██████
██████

grumbler

USS Dale, commissioned 1934, modernized three times in the next eleven years, then scrapped 12 years after commissioning:

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

celedhring

Quote from: Syt on January 16, 2017, 03:30:23 PM
The French battleship Carnot, commissioned 1897, sold for scrap only 25 years later.

Looks like a steampunk fetishist pleasure yacht. Just needs a dirigible parked somewhere. Love stuff like this.

Admiral Yi

Eddie Teach

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 16, 2017, 10:41:46 AM
GOOD JOB MONGERS HERE POST MY PHONE NUMBER WHILE YOURE AT IT

867-5309
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

grumbler

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 16, 2017, 06:53:32 PM
Are those windows?

Yes.  Here's another ship of the same notional class (same cost and specs, different designer), the Bouvet:

I love these French predreds.  So steampunk.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

jimmy olsen

What's the phenomena where you see something really expensive on sale, and the huge saving makes you really want to buy it even though it's still out of your price range and you probably don't need it?

I thought there was a technical marketing term for this, but a quick look on google came up with nothing.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Richard Hakluyt

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 17, 2017, 01:42:06 AM
What's the phenomena where you see something really expensive on sale, and the huge saving makes you really want to buy it even though it's still out of your price range and you probably don't need it?

I thought there was a technical marketing term for this, but a quick look on google came up with nothing.

Consumerism?  :D