And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 10, 2017, 10:56:12 AM
GIs?

"The term "G.I." came into widespread use in the United States with the start of the Selective Service System ("the draft") in 1940, extending into 1941. Next, the use of "G.I." expanded from 1942 through 1945. The American Five-star General Dwight D. Eisenhower said in 1945 that "the truly heroic figure of this war [is] G.I. Joe and his counterpart in the air, the navy, and the Merchant Marine of every one of the United Nations."

You know, the World War II people. The Boomers' parents.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

LaCroix

Quote from: Valmy on January 10, 2017, 07:53:25 AM
Quote from: Syt on January 10, 2017, 07:29:10 AM
About 1/3 of the 16-18 year olds in Austria are smokers. There's now talk of raising the minimum age for tobacco purchase to 18.

Wow. How stupid can you be?

'Here is a well known dangerous, expensive, and highly addictive hobby that is not even that much fun. Everybody around you is trying to stop doing it. Sound good?'

it's fun. people start for various reasons. I started because I was shitfaced on christmas and a buddy asked if I wanted a cig. loved it.  :)

Valmy

Quote from: LaCroix on January 10, 2017, 11:09:34 AM
it's fun. people start for various reasons. I started because I was shitfaced on christmas and a buddy asked if I wanted a cig. loved it.  :)

I prefer fun things that, if I decide I want to stop, it does not take years of agony and pain. But that's just me :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

LaCroix

Quote from: Valmy on January 10, 2017, 11:11:54 AMI prefer fun things that, if I decide I want to stop, it does not take years of agony and pain. But that's just me :P

live without internet at home for a year  :P

garbon

How is cigarette smoking fun?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: LaCroix on January 10, 2017, 11:13:16 AM
Quote from: Valmy on January 10, 2017, 11:11:54 AMI prefer fun things that, if I decide I want to stop, it does not take years of agony and pain. But that's just me :P

live without internet at home for a year  :P

In my defense when I first started posting on message boards it was 1991 and there were no existing addicts around to serve as living warnings.

LaCroix

Quote from: garbon on January 10, 2017, 11:13:36 AM

it starts off with giving a high. by the time the highs go away, you're mentally addicted -- feeding that addiction is fun.

garbon

Quote from: LaCroix on January 10, 2017, 11:15:17 AM
Quote from: garbon on January 10, 2017, 11:13:36 AM

it starts off with giving a high. by the time the highs go away, you're mentally addicted -- feeding that addiction is fun.

Yeah, I guess I didn't get that part. I never felt a high on cigarettes but then I guess that goes into how I never became a smoker.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

I've tried snus a few times and for sure it gives a big buzz.
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tyr on January 10, 2017, 12:08:58 PM
I've tried snus a few times and for sure it gives a big buzz.

If you can find it, jam a big wad of Red Man in your cheek, swallow the juice and report back.

The Brain

I smoked half a cigarette once because woman.

I've never used snus but I made out with a chick that did.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

celedhring

A girl once tricked me into smoking tobacco telling me it was pot.  :mad:

Admiral Yi

I thought yuros all smoked hash rolled with tobacco.  :huh:

Tamas

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 10, 2017, 12:32:31 PM
I thought yuros all smoked hash rolled with tobacco.  :huh:

You are weird.