mongers

Quote from: 11B4V on November 04, 2016, 11:06:30 PM
Greetings for the woods.

:cool:

Are you going to sing us some Songs from the Wood?  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

DGuller

Quote from: Syt on November 05, 2016, 03:19:04 AM
Apparently a truck from Schleswig-Holstein killed an Italian prince, part of the ancient Florentine Corsini family that produced popes, in a street in London. :unsure:
Wow, that's quite a testament to the European integration.  :)

CountDeMoney

Apparently a truck from Schleswig-Holstein killed an Italian prince, part of the ancient Florentine Corsini family that produced popes, in a street in London. :unsure:

Is there some significance or sublime reference that the truck came from Schleswig-Holstein as opposed to, say, Germany?

Syt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 05, 2016, 11:26:16 AM

Is there some significance or sublime reference that the truck came from Schleswig-Holstein as opposed to, say, Germany?

It's my old home state which hardly ever makes the news. :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

mongers

Danes, Danes always treacherously killing people of noble birth, in England when they come to plunder.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

MadBurgerMaker

Oh good.  I just fucked up the front end of my truck on a dumbshit asshole deer (actually a pretty big buck I saw the rack while he was flying away lol) that ran out in front of me.  Fucker took the hit like a champ though, flipped over a couple times, etc, but got up and ran away immediately.  After I pulled over, I saw there was a whole damn herd of them standing on the other side of the road, just hanging out on the other side of the median.  In a spot where there aren't any street lights, naturally.

E:

Just super.  The headlight is all weird/crooked now, the housing is cracked, and the indicator underneath it doesn't work anymore.  The right fender and the piece up above the bumper are both dented.  The grill is obviously fucked, and the thing on the bumper is probably somewhere in the tall grass on the side of that street.  Nice groove in the paint there by the fog light too. 

Josquius

Wonder how he is. whether he died of internal injuries or is luke cage deer and totally fine.
██████
██████
██████

Liep

Quote from: mongers on November 05, 2016, 02:45:43 PM

Danes, Danes always treacherously killing people of noble birth, in England when they come to plunder.

The Southern Danes have always been troublesome.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Tyr on November 06, 2016, 03:58:58 AM
Wonder how he is. whether he died of internal injuries or is luke cage deer and totally fine.

I'd guess I was going somewhere between 35-40mph when I hit him (speed limit is 40 there, and I hit the breaks hard, but he was pretty much in the process of being hit when I first saw his dumbass), so he's probably not okay.  Well, unless he's deer Luke Cage.  I apparently need to get a damn stupid looking brush guard just for driving around in the city, since these things are everywhere and have zero problems running around on the road. 

CountDeMoney

If the direct impact doesn't clock them out right then and there, they'll die of their injuries and/or from shock not too far off.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on November 05, 2016, 11:32:47 AM
It's my old home state which hardly ever makes the news. :)

OK, didn't know if there was some sort of weirdo ethnic reference being made.  :P

Anyway, you'll be proud to know that every American schoolkid learns about Schleswig-Holstein in high school.  Or at least they did when I was growing up.

Admiral Yi

Don't forget to FALL FORWARD.

I did.

Admiral Yi

Just read in the NYT Book Review that in 1860 NYC was the 3rd largest German city, after Berlin and Vienna.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.