Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

CountDeMoney

Quote from: alfred russel on October 19, 2016, 03:33:09 PM
I'm going to the memorial service - the whole team is going (probably about 7 or 8 of us). Is this normal?

You tell us.  What does your research say?

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

alfred russel

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 19, 2016, 07:35:43 PM
I'm going to the memorial service - the whole team is going (probably about 7 or 8 of us). Is this normal?

You tell us.  What does your research say?

Preliminary results are negative, but only a couple data points have come in.*

*My research is posting the question in this thread, it doesn't matter, i have to go, against my will.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

CountDeMoney

11B4V

And nice backhand back on topic Shady Lady.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Josquius

If Iceland had a king.
Which it should.
Would he be called the ice king? :w00t:
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

Quote from: Tyr on October 20, 2016, 05:36:20 AM
If Iceland had a king.
Which it should.

Margrethe of Denmark  :ph34r:

The Minsky Moment

If Iceland had a king.
Which it should.

Thing King
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Valmy

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on October 20, 2016, 10:12:35 AM
If Iceland had a king.
Which it should.

Thing King

A very dangerous thing for a monarch to do.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Zanza

A coworkers father just passed away.

No. I once went to the service of a colleague who died, but even that is optional.

Barrister

I once went to the service for the brother of a partner I did a lot of work for.  Several of us did go from work.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

alfred russel

Back from the service. The whole team went.

I've never been to an episcopal service before - and even though I haven't been to a catholic one in...not sure but its been a long while...I grew up going to church so I know how the thing goes. A couple observations:

-episcopal services are basically catholic services. Those guys clearly stole our intellectual property, and owe the catholic church royalties for the past 5 centuries or so.

-the priest / minister /rev. / whatever the heretics call the person leading the service was a woman. For about 5 minutes I was thinking: this service is invalid. Then I was like, "meh." And by the end I was thinking, "what is the problem with female priests again?"
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

alfred russel

Quote from: The Brain on October 20, 2016, 02:05:07 PM
Did you do her?

I don't think you understand what happens at christian religious services.