News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Quote from: mongers on October 19, 2016, 09:00:06 AM
Had a lift in car yesterday, I was doing an acquaintance a favour, first time I'd been in a car for 1901 days.  :hmm:

It's odd that you keep track.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

mongers

Quote from: HVC on October 19, 2016, 09:01:10 AM
Had a lift in car yesterday, I was doing an acquaintance a favour, first time I'd been in a car for 1901 days.  :hmm:

Being in a car, in a constrained route network, amongst traffic is an odd situation, so not hard to remember last time I was in one, and then work out when it was.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Tamas

Quote from: celedhring on October 18, 2016, 09:48:23 AM
Our GDP per capita is higher than Slovenia's yet they are "rich" and we are "so poor".  :hmm:

Slavic rich.

HVC

Quote from: Tamas on October 19, 2016, 09:32:17 AM
Quote from: celedhring on October 18, 2016, 09:48:23 AM
Our GDP per capita is higher than Slovenia's yet they are "rich" and we are "so poor".  :hmm:

Slavic rich.

Track suits for everyone!
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

lustindarkness

:wacko:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Caliga

Quote from: HVC on October 19, 2016, 09:01:10 AM

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Grey Fox

Showcase Canada was having a Tom Cruise marathon this weekend.

I watched Jack Reacher & Oblivion. Both still hold up.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Savonarola

From 1978:

Not anymore it won't; the pre-Starbuck's world was a simpler, happier time.

(That and 50 cents etc. would have been the phrase at the time the strip was written.)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

alfred russel

A coworkers father just passed away.

I'm going to the memorial service - the whole team is going (probably about 7 or 8 of us). Is this normal? I don't know her so well--I've met her kids, but don't remember their names, I didn't know her father had cancer until 3 days before he died. As far as I know, no one has socialized with her outside of work.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Admiral Yi

Quote from: alfred russel on October 19, 2016, 03:33:09 PM
A coworkers father just passed away.

I'm going to the memorial service - the whole team is going (probably about 7 or 8 of us). Is this normal? I don't know her so well--I've met her kids, but don't remember their names, I didn't know her father had cancer until 3 days before he died. As far as I know, no one has socialized with her outside of work.

I've never gone to the funeral of a coworkers relative.  Just signed the shitty group card.

HVC

A group of us went to a viewing, but I've never been to an actual funeral.

In high school a two grades of us went to a funeral for a classmates sister (his class and her class). It was a small school and we were bused down into the city. That seemed odd to me.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

HVC

Grey Fox

That thing did not need to exist.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Liep

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 19, 2016, 07:26:18 PM
That thing did not need to exist.

That is why it had to exist.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk