News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: Maladict on September 10, 2016, 11:13:28 AM
Yeah, who needs folders when you have a decent search index. My inbox currently holds 14 Gb of emails, no subfolders.
Same here, all inbox and category labels.  One problem with putting e-mails on a local folder is that you can't access them anywhere except on your machine.  If you want to search your e-mail on your iPhone, tough luck.

PDH

Only someone with something to hide would use more than one device to check emails.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

CountDeMoney

crazy canuck

Getting groceries yesterday I saw a person from the Vancouver Aquarium at the Fish Mongers' shop talking to people about the Ocean Wise program. http://www.oceanwise.ca/seafood Basically identifying which fish stocks are overfished and should not be purchased and which fish populations are healthy and should be purchased.  I was happy to learn that the Coho I purchase comes from Haida Gwaii which has a very healthy fish population.  I love Coho so no sacrifices necessary there.  However, I also learned that Snapper is very heavily fished around the world and is not such a good choice.  Instead she recommended Halibut which this store sources from a health fishery.  I really like Snapper so I thought it would be a big sacrifice to give it up.  I cooked the Halibut tonight and it was great.  The pieces are much more thick than snapper so I dont have to worry about finding room in the pan and as an added bonus no bones at all...  Most importantly it was delicious.

Ed Anger

Larch is ready to lecture you on fish. Beware!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

crazy canuck

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 11, 2016, 08:57:50 PM
I ate a Filet-O-Fish.  :)

I wish you wouldn't.  I actually like having you around.

CountDeMoney

Filet-O-Fish is a delightful chaser for a double quarterpounder with cheese.  Kinda like a Surf n' Turf of Death.

Ed Anger

Speaking of cheese, I can't stand it on the filet-o-fish. Or the tartar sauce.

Admiral Yi

Found out today that Wally World makes eyeglasses for 29 clams.

Josquius

The mcfish is ok tasting but just so tiny....
██████
██████
██████

Tonitrus

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 11, 2016, 09:19:34 PM
Speaking of cheese, I can't stand it on the filet-o-fish. Or the tartar sauce.

Cheese and fish sounds bizarre.

Tartar sauce is for dipping fish & chips.

Josquius

Is there anything worth seeing in Alsace-Lorraine?
I'll be passing through on Sunday/Monday. Should stop and gawp a bit at what was so worth fighting over.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Judging by pictures, the old town of Strasbourg looks pretty? And I suppose you could visit the Palace of Europe: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palace_of_Europe
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.