And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanza

Quote from: DGuller on September 09, 2016, 10:32:20 AM
Did he get the offer?
No, we had better candidates already. The resume was already a bit strange, but HR had given him three stars, so we would at least have to talk to him to be able to write a reason for rejection.  :P

alfred russel

Quote from: Zanza on September 09, 2016, 10:46:12 AM
Quote from: DGuller on September 09, 2016, 10:32:20 AM
Did he get the offer?
No, we had better candidates already. The resume was already a bit strange, but HR had given him three stars, so we would at least have to talk to him to be able to write a reason for rejection.  :P

Just say, "there is something of the night about him" and leave it at that.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Zanza

HR and the work council look at the rejection reasons closely to check for violations against German or EU anti-discrimination regulation, especially for internal applicants which this applicant was. Thankfully he agreed to withdraw his application, so there won't be a formal rejection.

Syt

If I was HR I would ask in at least one guy to weird the interviewers out among the "real" candidates.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Zanza

You sometimes have job offers for a senior IT architect or so where the only internal applicant is a forklift driver from the warehouse.

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on September 09, 2016, 11:05:53 AM
If I was HR I would ask in at least one guy to weird the interviewers out among the "real" candidates.

I think they do that.  I've had several occasions where a job interviewer looked at me with barely concealed disgust.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

IT?  And you wonder why he was weird? How do you like your Assburgers?  Medium rare?

Josquius

I watched a documentary on youtube yesterday about South Korea. One really interesting thing struck me- they mentioned that increasingly job seekers aren't interested in the traditional corporations and instead are attracted towards IT companies.... IT companies in Korea are especially remarkable and looked well upon because they have a very equal gender split.
Wow.
:blink:
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

From what I've seen from my K-dramas, the ROK isn't exactly a wellspring of brogrammer culture.

Admiral Yi

Had a strange experience on the last leg of my flight home, from Detroit to Cedar Rapids.  Co-pilot told us there was a delay because thunder clouds over CR meant they had to take on more fuel, in case we had to divert to another airport.  Then a little while later she(!) told us the extra fuel meant we were over take off weight, so they had to restow luggage from the luggage bay to the overheads.  I don't get how that changes the take off weight.  Then finally, when we were out on the runway she said we had to burn 200 gallons to get down to take off weight.

CountDeMoney

At least nobody suspected you of being a Mooselimb and boot you off the flight.  That's a thing, you know.

alfred russel

Ethics. I has it. :)

We have an internal policy that when a field location detects certain impairment indicators, they have to report them to corporate. So it turns out a field location is being audited right now, and auditors have discovered that last year impairment indicators. The location swears they emailed corporate, but our emails auto delete after a year, so they can't find a record of it. Audit is preparing to write them up for this. The location is trying to find some evidence: they emailed corporate to see if someone has a record of the email the email they claim to have sent.

So I work in corporate. The two main contacts for this type of thing can't find anything - their emails also auto deleted. They asked me if I might have anything. It turns out--I do--I apparently saved this particular email to keep it from deleting.

The thing is: based on the records I have, it seems we just ignored the email. So I could say I can't find it, and audit will be all over their ass, or I can send them the email, and audit will be all over ours. I sent the location the email. :)
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

CountDeMoney

That just made me so wet.  :wub:

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 09, 2016, 10:04:24 AM
Gave the twins iPhones. Guess what I have been getting?

Poop emojis.

8 year olds.  :lol:

I may have made a mistake.  :glare:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tonitrus

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 09, 2016, 08:48:02 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on September 09, 2016, 10:04:24 AM
Gave the twins iPhones. Guess what I have been getting?

Poop emojis.

8 year olds.  :lol:

I may have made a mistake.  :glare:

Anyone could have seen that coming.  :P