News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Quote from: HVC on February 03, 2024, 05:03:33 PMYou're paying for water!!!
Only if it's a bad stew!

You're paying for de-glazing, booze and/or stock of some sort.

Quote:P don't really like soup either.
I've become a recent soup convert :goodboy:
Let's bomb Russia!

Savonarola

Quote from: HVC link=msg=  :P  :P  :P  :P :P 1432260 date=1706997813:P don't really like soup either.

And you call yourself Portuguese.  :rolleyes:

:P :P :P
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

HVC

Quote from: Savonarola on February 03, 2024, 07:28:20 PM
Quote from: HVC link=msg=  :P  :P  :P  :P :P 1432260 date=1706997813:P don't really like soup either.

Don't like wine or sardines either :ph34r:

Caldo verde is good though.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Admiral Yi

I thought all Canadians loved soup.  :huh:

HVC

I never heard of that as a stereotype. Is it because it's cold?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: HVC on February 03, 2024, 07:38:58 PM
Quote from: Savonarola on February 03, 2024, 07:28:20 PM

Don't like wine or sardines either :ph34r:

Caldo verde is good though.

Caldo verde typically nortenho, popular among Moors? Good.  :P

OTOH, sardines are both kosher and hallal, perfect for the crypto-whatever you are.
Don't like wine? Crypto-moor shows himself.  :P

HVC

Beats your other delicacies of tripe and French sandwiches :P

Josquius

A study I'd like to see but don't think has ever been done - is there a drop-off in the performance of footballers (or other sports people) in the years immediately after they have a kid.

For women of course I imagine it's a complete killer of a season or two given the pregnancy.
But even for men... Certainly my performance in life is lowered by the lowered sleep, extra workload, etc... And I'm not exactly needing to minmax myself as pro sports people are.
██████
██████
██████

HVC

Maids and nannies. Millionaires have percs.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 03, 2024, 08:51:14 PMI thought all Canadians loved soup.  :huh:

Add that to the list of really interesting views of the world that you have, but not necessarily shared by others.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: HVC on February 04, 2024, 07:12:24 AMBeats your other delicacies of tripe and French sandwiches :P

Anglo-Azorean Pidgin speaker, with a tad of Lisboetês, mistranslates Francesinhas.  :P Along with bizarre claims.  :D
Alheiras de Bragança or Mirandela should be right up your alley.  :lol:

PS: Tripe? Ah another Porto reference, tough luck Moor, it's not just Porto up here, from the Mondego on.  :showoff:

HVC

Make up your mind, am I a crypto moor or azorean :D and a Francesinha is just a wet Croque monsieur. Failing at your own history. You've spent to much time in France my Tripeiro :console:

Admiral Yi

Quote from: HVC on February 04, 2024, 05:46:57 AMI never heard of that as a stereotype. Is it because it's cold?

I think a comedian said it once.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: HVC on February 04, 2024, 02:35:38 PMMake up your mind, am I a crypto moor or azorean :D and a Francesinha is just a wet Croque  :lol: monsieur. Failing at your own history. You've spent to much time in France my Tripeiro :console:

Crypto judeo-moor, remember?  ;) As if it were not bad enough, you picked up the worst possible accent in Canada from Azoreans. :lol:
Oh, and by the way, in French, just for you: Tripeiro = Portuan et non nord-Portugais. :contract:

I know for Moors knowledge from Coimbra is pretty sketchy, but that's no excuse.

HVC

I know, I'm calling you specifically a tripeiro/portuan because it seems to annoy you hehe