News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Quote from: DGuller on January 17, 2024, 11:00:53 AMIt's not witty if your target is not in position to return the favor, it's just abusive.  Biting wit is only funny when the recipient can bite back.

How woke of you :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

I have never encountered that word before.

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

Quote from: grumbler on January 17, 2024, 12:46:22 AMHad a colonoscope today.  Fun stuff.  Actually, the worst part of it was (twice) gagging down the awful chemical shit that "cleared the pipes," so to speak.  A vile liquid.
Is that the first one you ever had?  Also I liked the stuff they gave me to drink to clean the pipes out.  It just had a strange, 'hot' aftertaste I can't easily describe, but otherwise it was fine.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Iormlund

I gagged on the drink the first time as well.

The worst was yet to come, though. I found out during the procedure that fentanyl does not work on me. It was NOT fun. :pinch:

Tamas

Quote from: Caliga on January 17, 2024, 09:27:28 PM
Quote from: grumbler on January 17, 2024, 12:46:22 AMHad a colonoscope today.  Fun stuff.  Actually, the worst part of it was (twice) gagging down the awful chemical shit that "cleared the pipes," so to speak.  A vile liquid.
Is that the first one you ever had?  Also I liked the stuff they gave me to drink to clean the pipes out.  It just had a strange, 'hot' aftertaste I can't easily describe, but otherwise it was fine.

There's a joke in there somewhere involving your love of trash food.  :P

Caliga

Quote from: Tamas on January 19, 2024, 08:33:13 AMThere's a joke in there somewhere involving your love of trash food.  :P
I am now prediabetic (I know, shocking) so I can't eat as much junk as I used to.  :(

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Caliga

Quote from: HVC on January 19, 2024, 09:19:39 AMLocal gas station weep :P
I don't live near any gas station cafes anymore.  However, I recently discovered Sonic.  Foot long chili dogs :showoff:

Admiral Yi

Sports Ill is going bust.  Massive layoffs upcoming.

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 19, 2024, 08:53:43 PMSports Ill is going bust.  Massive layoffs upcoming.
It's been total trash for a while.  One day I was wondering why every story recommended to me before I blocked it seemed like a trashy rumor article from a tabloid, and when I researched it, it turned out that it was sold to some chop shop that bought up publications with a reputable name and squeezed all the juice out of them.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 19, 2024, 08:53:43 PMSports Ill is going bust.  Massive layoffs upcoming.

RIP annual vaguely respectable whack-off material.  :(

Josephus

Quote from: Tonitrus on January 19, 2024, 11:00:14 PM

RIP annual vaguely respectable whack-off material.  :(

:huh: 
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.