News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I like how they apparently had the wrong two letter code for their own state at first and then corrected to MainE :D
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Quote from: Eddie Teach on January 11, 2022, 07:41:47 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on January 11, 2022, 06:09:26 AM
Intrigued by Portugal/Spain and Sweden/Finland differences too :hmm:

Finland is next to Russia.

Finns don't think that Russians are literally gay.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Maladict

Quote from: Syt on January 11, 2022, 08:22:39 AM

I like how they apparently had the wrong two letter code for their own state at first and then corrected to MainE :D

Second one should have been Vienna, AEIOU.

Maladict

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 10, 2022, 05:52:51 PM
Four day weekend for the Queen's Jubilee in June :w00t:

I'm swinging back strongly into the royalist territory until we get those bank holidays out the way.

How many do you get when she croaks? Could be a good year indeed.

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on January 11, 2022, 08:22:39 AM

There are just too many damn states that start with a M.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sheilbh

Quote from: Maladict on January 11, 2022, 09:05:53 AM
I'd hope for at least a week of mourning. But the Queen Mum lived to 102 so I wouldn't be surprised if the queen has another few years to go yet (even if she basically hands over all the official appearances - except Remembrance Sunday I imagine - to Charles).
Let's bomb Russia!

Grey Fox

A week?

I hope we get a couple of days here. Probably 0 tho.

I'll go sign a mourning book tho and do it again when Chuck passes too 5 years later.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Gaijin de Moscu

Quote from: The Brain on January 11, 2022, 08:55:15 AM

Finns don't think that Russians are literally gay.

:D

Funny on many levels...

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 11, 2022, 09:38:01 AM
I'd hope for at least a week of mourning. But the Queen Mum lived to 102 so I wouldn't be surprised if the queen has another few years to go yet (even if she basically hands over all the official appearances - except Remembrance Sunday I imagine - to Charles).

Counterpoint she has disappeared from public for the last while.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 11, 2022, 11:18:24 AM
A week?

I hope we get a couple of days here. Probably 0 tho.

I'll go sign a mourning book tho and do it again when Chuck passes too 5 years later.

Anglo Canada will probably get a day. Don't know how many vipers there are in quebec to cause issues.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Razgovory

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 11, 2022, 09:38:01 AM

The queen reigns and reigns and the son never shines.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Sheilbh

Quote from: garbon on January 11, 2022, 12:47:52 PMCounterpoint she has disappeared from public for the last while.
Yeah and she did have a hospital trip and didn't make Remembrance Sunday which is unheard of and I think will be the very last state event she stops attending.

But I think this is what it'll look like now - Charles and William do 99% of the big events like opening parliament etc. I think the queen will do the stuff she cares about most - so I think Remembrance Day and probably some stuff to do with the Commonwealth. Because she is in her 90s so it's probably fair do not do many things :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

I have once again decided to make an impromptu stew and just realised I probably won't eat dinner until 10 tonight :weep: :bleeding:
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

See. Conservatives can wear masks.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

I was browsing some old editions of the Armed Forces Journal from the 1930s. I found the "Social News" section most fascinating which seems ... well, for lack of a better description it seems like the stuff people would share on social media now. Travel plans, some personal events, dinners etc. :lol:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.