The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 03, 2011, 08:42:17 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 03, 2011, 08:39:36 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on May 03, 2011, 08:38:21 PM
Stay logged out of facebook/twitter.

Clear your cache/history constantly also.

Motherfucker, you shouldn't be using that shit anyway. YOU PROMISED ME YOU DONT DO SOCIAL NETWORKING DAMMIT

Family kept nagging me. Now my gay cousin fags up the wall.

If the fucker doesn't shut up, there is going to be a hate crime soon.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

You can also used IE feature call "InPrivate Browsing" & whatever firefox's equivalent is.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 03, 2011, 09:14:40 PM
You can also used IE feature call "InPrivate Browsing" & whatever firefox's equivalent is.

Yeah private browsing. CTRL+SHIFT+P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 03, 2011, 08:49:25 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 03, 2011, 08:42:17 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 03, 2011, 08:39:36 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on May 03, 2011, 08:38:21 PM
Stay logged out of facebook/twitter.

Clear your cache/history constantly also.

Motherfucker, you shouldn't be using that shit anyway. YOU PROMISED ME YOU DONT DO SOCIAL NETWORKING DAMMIT

Family kept nagging me. Now my gay cousin fags up the wall.

If the fucker doesn't shut up, there is going to be a hate crime soon.

Yeah, you can't dodge these things anymore.  Fortunately my gay brother doesn't bother me on his.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Habbaku

Quote from: Liep on May 03, 2011, 06:08:06 PM
Why is taxidrivers musictaste always horrible?

I read that as "mustache" at first.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Malthus

Quote from: Habbaku on May 03, 2011, 10:18:25 PM

Well, that is true as well.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Habbaku on May 03, 2011, 10:18:25 PM

Same here.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Lettow77

Always with papers; another six page one is due, and it is due in twelve hours. I started about thirty minutes ago, and have made decent progress.

Comparative analysis of the Mughals, Ottomans and the Safavids. Any historians here want something worked into the paper? If it's reasonable, i'll mention it. If it isn't reasonable but amuses me, I will mention it discretely in the middle of a paragraph.

Edit: stumbled upon a fellow on campus's profile, a complete stranger, and sent him this:

Gentleman of taste & refinement-
Lewis Grizzard is fading from public memory, if he was ever there. Between that and liking bioware/ forgotten realms novels, you seem a fine Southern gentlemen of intelligence, capability and good company.

All of this is to say, the life choices you have been making are the right ones, and continue upon the path you are on, as it has rendered you the flower of our generation.

The man was great. He'd be fine officer material, and is the classical uplifted Southerner who inspires me when I begin to despair of this dismal place and our prospects. I feel better about the world.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Lettow77

Paper finished. Yes, but at WHAT COST? it is 6:19 in the morning..
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Caliga

Quote from: Lettow77 on May 04, 2011, 06:22:52 AM
Paper finished. Yes, but at WHAT COST? it is 6:19 in the morning..
:lol:

I'm so glad to be done with that phase of my life.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

I love it that my mother-in-law thinks it's her important duty to notify everyone when there's a DANGEROUS COMPUTER VIRUS out there.  I especially love it when she sends such an email high priority, which triggers an alarm on my Blackberry and causes me to step out of a meeting for no reason. :rolleyes:

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on May 04, 2011, 11:03:25 AM
I love it that my mother-in-law thinks it's her important duty to notify everyone when there's a DANGEROUS COMPUTER VIRUS out there.  I especially love it when she sends such an email high priority, which triggers an alarm on my Blackberry and causes me to step out of a meeting for no reason. :rolleyes:

At least you got out of that PowerPoint presentation.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 04, 2011, 02:18:33 PM
At least you got out of that PowerPoint presentation.
Actually it was a whiteboarding session I was co-conducting with our systems architect. :blush: