And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Quote from: Valmy on September 28, 2020, 09:17:42 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on September 28, 2020, 09:06:08 AM
We have indoor heating & isolation, no need more so many layers.

I mean we didn't have those things in the French Revolution when the new men's clothes came along and just sort of stayed with slight adjustments over the years.

And I presume you meant insulation not isolation :P

We do have indoor isolation though.  :P

mongers

From a Covid-free, smoke free, pet free home. Dispatched with Royal Mail 2nd Class.

:hmm:

First time I've seen that in an ebay listing.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Valmy

What exactly are they selling?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

I'm not wearing culottes.  It's counter-revolutionary.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on September 28, 2020, 09:26:41 AM
I'm not wearing culottes.  It's counter-revolutionary.

Good man.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

The Brain

I wear the skin of my prey as a leotard.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Valmy on September 28, 2020, 09:17:42 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on September 28, 2020, 09:06:08 AM
We have indoor heating & isolation, no need more so many layers.

I mean we didn't have those things in the French Revolution when the new men's clothes came along and just sort of stayed with slight adjustments over the years.

And I presume you meant insulation not isolation :P

I did. Sometimes, ok often, I forget to translate every word.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Valmy

Quote from: mongers on September 28, 2020, 09:42:37 AM
Quote from: Valmy on September 28, 2020, 09:26:17 AM
What exactly are they selling?

A book.

Wouldn't want a pet hair covered, cigarette smelling, Covid covered book.

Sheilbh

Quote from: celedhring on September 28, 2020, 08:50:53 AM
Quote from: FunkMonk on September 28, 2020, 08:38:27 AM
Men should go back to dressing like this:

https://youtu.be/fpS4B5oMhgo  :bowler: :bowler:

I think we can thank heavens for whoever popularized the 3-piece suit in the XIXth century, preventing frock coats, wigs, and breeches from eventually becoming the gentleman's fashion of today  :lol:
We should all be thanking Beau Brummel who moved fashion for men from fancy coats and fabrics and wigs to clean simple cuts of white and black, which eventually led to the suit.

I've always liked the idea of a statue of Beau Brummel on the fourth plinth pointing at the absurd equestrian Prince Regent with, on the plinth, his line about the Prince Regent which apparently got him cut out of London society: "Who's your fat friend?" :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

Supposedly this is one of the possible "Life in the UK" questions asked when applying for citizenship?

:unsure:

(Correct answer appears to be 18th century.)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

It's true, Britain had no original thoughts during the other 300 years.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

I mean I get that they want to talk about the Age of Enlightenment while keeping the language simple but this seems a bit much.  :D
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Syt on September 29, 2020, 12:38:11 AM
Supposedly this is one of the possible "Life in the UK" questions asked when applying for citizenship?

:unsure:

(Correct answer appears to be 18th century.)
*Furious in Isaac Newton*
Let's bomb Russia!

Tamas