And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frunk

Strong field this year:

2019 Name of the Year

I'm rooting for Corno Pronk, but I think they'll get crushed by Happy Kampire.

Valmy

Deicide Huxtable? To be selected at birth to kill gods must be a heavy burden.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

frunk

Quote from: Valmy on March 26, 2019, 03:11:50 PM
Deicide Huxtable? To be selected at birth to kill gods must be a heavy burden.

Only a 2 seed too.  I'd probably take them over Surender Nada.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Poor form to pick a 1 seed but I gotta put my money on Jizyah Shorts.

Syt

New video by Rammstein: Deutschland. A visually very interesting stroll through centuries of German violence. Lyrically, it discusses wanting to love the country, but not being able to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeQM1c-XCDc
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Syt

They really are :D I did like Till Lindemann as Ulrike Meinhof, though.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Larch

Quote from: Syt on March 28, 2019, 03:44:32 PM
New video by Rammstein: Deutschland. A visually very interesting stroll through centuries of German violence. Lyrically, it discusses wanting to love the country, but not being able to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeQM1c-XCDc

Very cool, but super long.

Syt

2 19year old female football players in Lower Austria noticed their coach was secretly filming them under the shower, and that he had done so for years (including underage players).

Prosecution have stopped their investigations. Apparently, what he did wasn't a criminal act, because he didn't seek to profit from the videos, and because he didn't distribute them.

He was suspended by the club, but the club asked everyone (especially the ones who reported him) to write letters thanking him for his years of service.

He might still be slapped with an administrative fine of up to €50,000, because he violated the players' privacy.
—Stephen Jay Gould

HVC

Ok the prosecutors have to follow the law, it sucks but if it's not illegal there's only so much they can do, but wtf is the club thinking.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

The Larch

So covertly filming naked minors for your own amusement is legal over there?  :wacko:

Josquius

Yeah.... So the making of paedophillic material is legal just as long as you don't sell it?
What about distributing it for free?
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Quote from: Tyr on March 29, 2019, 05:34:25 AM
Yeah.... So the making of paedophillic material is legal just as long as you don't sell it?
What about distributing it for free?

Distribution is illegal.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Quote from: The Larch on March 29, 2019, 05:24:27 AM
So covertly filming naked minors for your own amusement is legal over there?  :wacko:

Well, it's a breach of privacy laws, so a fine will likely be levied, but it's apparently not a crime. Which I find pretty messed up.
—Stephen Jay Gould