News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Every once in a while (as in, once every few months), usually when I am waiting and trying to turn at a busy intersection with no lights, my automatic 2006 Toyota would stall.

Mechanics at the Toyota garage didn't notice anything during the last service, but I wasn't going to pay them a small fortune to get a transmission apart when its such a minor thing. I just switch to neutral before I am sure I can go, to make sure it doesn't happen.

problem is super-hard to Google for. any one of you had anything similar happen?

derspiess

Quote from: Zanza on November 09, 2017, 04:57:27 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 09, 2017, 04:39:07 PM
With a soda/pop map.  :ph34r:

Is "moin" derived from "morgen"?  The few times I've heard it, I've just assumed it was sort of a lazy way of saying "morgen".
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

dps

Quote from: Tamas on November 13, 2017, 09:42:21 AM
Every once in a while (as in, once every few months), usually when I am waiting and trying to turn at a busy intersection with no lights, my automatic 2006 Toyota would stall.

Mechanics at the Toyota garage didn't notice anything during the last service, but I wasn't going to pay them a small fortune to get a transmission apart when its such a minor thing. I just switch to neutral before I am sure I can go, to make sure it doesn't happen.

problem is super-hard to Google for. any one of you had anything similar happen?

Has it happened any since the last service?

Liep

A satirical radio show launched a fake news website with half real tabloid news half made up news, now a couple of days after it was on the real news where they interviewed a lady who was angry that she was fooled by it, saying the radio station shouldn't be allowed to make fake news. They get a few experts in journalism on and they all call it a stupid idea to make such a site. But during the interview the angry lady realises that she might actually have learned something when she comments that maybe she shouldn't just read headlines but be a little more critical about what is served on Facebook.

Successful trolling?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Barrister

Engine stall should have nothing to do with the transmission.  It has to do with too low an idle.  Ask them about it at your next service, but question what they're going to do before you authorize it.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

11B4V

Quote from: Barrister on November 13, 2017, 06:04:11 PM

Engine stall should have nothing to do with the transmission.  It has to do with too low an idle.  Ask them about it at your next service, but question what they're going to do before you authorize it.

Is it throwing any codes? Hook an OBDII reader up to see if it is.

2006? Don't take it to a Stealership. Find a good shop.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

My crazy neighbor, who had threatened to "shoot me in the fucking face" because he thought I was "casing him"--even though we've lived across from each other for years--and had to call the cops on to save his life, suddenly passed away last week.

Yeah.  That's right. 

Ed Anger

/reminds self not to piss off Seedy.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Habbaku

Don't try to frighten us with your sorcerer's ways, Count deMoney.

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

DGuller

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 13, 2017, 09:47:09 PM
My crazy neighbor, who had threatened to "shoot me in the fucking face" because he thought I was "casing him"--even though we've lived across from each other for years--and had to call the cops on to save his life, suddenly passed away last week.

Yeah.  That's right. 

Do they know the cause of death?  How close are they?

CountDeMoney

Who gives a rat fuck how he died. He drove a Benz e550 and let his dog off the leash to shit.

All I have to say is, that better not be my one allotted Scanners kill.

DGuller

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 13, 2017, 09:59:41 PM
Who gives a rat fuck how he died.
Lots of people do.  Everyone that has angered you, for starters. :unsure: