News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 13, 2017, 09:59:41 PM
All I have to say is, that better not be my one allotted Scanners kill.

Arya did not choose her hit list requests well either.  :(

derspiess

Local brewery near me sent a bunch of cases of canned water to Louisiana flood victims.  Then this piece of brilliant investigative journalism happened.

http://klfy.com/2017/11/13/women-claim-the-liquid-inside-a-case-of-water-cans-wasnt-water-company-responds/

QuoteWomen claim the liquid inside a case of water cans wasn't water; company responds

OPELOUSAS, La. (KLFY) Some Opelousas residents say they found alcohol in a few cans of water they got from the St. Landry Community Action Agency.

The women said that once said that once they peeled off the top label on the can, there was a beer label underneath, saying the drink had 6% alcohol content in it.

"I'm thinking it's water, because I got 3 cases of this and I'm thinking it's water," said Seialna Seraille.

But when her 7 months pregnant sister Shamika Seraille and her Seialna's own 3-year-old son drank the drink....

"I was wondering how after he drink it, he was acting funny. But I didn't know what was going on, he just kept falling down. Me and his daddy kept trying to hold him, we wanted to know what's going on," said Seialna.

From the outside, it looks like a regular can of water.

"Now he's sick with a little virus cause of this. We don't know what's in this, they can say it's water, but it's really not," said Shamika Seraille.

The women say they picked up the cases of water from the St. Landry Community Action Agency. The agency said it had nothing to do with the mix up.
The twins believe the company that packaged the water cans is to blame.

"It says that during pregnancy you should not be drinking but, she did not know and she drank some, and that could've hurt my little niece or nephew in her stomach," said Seialna.

We took the can to Bill Fontenot, St. Landry Parish President, who was quite disturbed when he peeled off the wrapping of the can.

"This is something we certainly don't want to be a part of, and we don't want our other sister parishes that are potentially passing out the same product through the same community action program. So thank you for being here, and we're going to immediately halt passing this out,and we're going to get some legal action regarding this," said Fontenot.

For Seialna and her pregnant sister Shamika, they know this experience could have been a lot worse, and now they are going to take extra precautions before drinking anything.

"Now we got to watch ourself. We have to peel everything we see, to see if we're not hurting our children or all those children in our stomach. You know that's just crazy, it's really crazy," Seialna said.

We reached out to Braxton Brewing company, and the Kentucky-based brewery says it used its excess cans to assist Hurricane Harvey victims.
It shut down its brewing operation while filling the cans with water.

On Monday, Jonathan Gandolf, Braxton Brewing's Chief Marketing Officer told KLFY that Kentucky-based brewery had shut down its brewing operation at the time the cans were filled with water. The company denies any mixing of beer and water.

: "We are 150 percent positive that those cans did not contain beer. It would actually be impossible because of how our equipment was operating at that time. But if you were to peel back the label, you would uncover a beer can. But there was only water in that can."
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Look I know people say some American beers taste like water but come on people!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Maladict

:lol:
And you wonder why you get these fucked up election results.

CountDeMoney

Nobody ever comes out and says these people were "left behind" for a reason.

Sounds like unnecessary regulatory burdens are keep local breweries down.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 15, 2017, 12:48:41 PM
Sounds like unnecessary regulatory burdens are keep local breweries down.

Not at all.  I mean, think of the children (plus women with babies in their stomachs) that could be drinking this water that is really beer even though nobody bothered to pour it into a glass to check.  That little boy got a virus from it, FFS.  I know it's a little virus, but a virus is still a virus.  Where's your heart, Seedy?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Josquius

Spurious lawsuit by a horrible person no?
██████
██████
██████

11B4V

Quote from: Habbaku on November 13, 2017, 09:51:22 PM
Don't try to frighten us with your sorcerer's ways, Count deMoney.

He's a cupcake.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Admiral Yi

New Firefox update fucked up all my favorites folders and now the search window has Ask as the only search engine option.  :glare:

garbon

Today the CEO of a company said I was looking trendy. When I looked at him a bit incredulously from underneath my plaid Primark* coat, he said, "Well Canadian."

*American equivalent is probably Old Navy.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

11B4V

Quote from: garbon on November 15, 2017, 02:20:25 PM
Today the CEO of a company said I was looking trendy. When I looked at him a bit incredulously from underneath my plaid Primark* coat, he said, "Well Canadian."

That's pretty low budget attire for you isn't it?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Grey Fox

Pretty fly for a white guy
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

Quote from: 11B4V on November 15, 2017, 02:22:14 PM
Quote from: garbon on November 15, 2017, 02:20:25 PM

That's pretty low budget attire for you isn't it?

I liked it as this coat has held up as pretty sturdy but yes, it had been largely retired except my most appropriate coat for the season had its zippers break and I've yet to pop over to a store at lunch to buy a replacement. :blush:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Primark is a terrible place to go, full of various varieties of ogre and swamp creature.
But the clothes are fine.
I got Adventure Time socks there.
Yeah!
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on November 15, 2017, 03:08:00 PM
Primark is a terrible place to go, full of various varieties of ogre and swamp creature.
But the clothes are fine.
I got Adventure Time socks there.
Yeah!

I went once to the one on Oxford Street in London and immediately walked out. -_-

The few items I did buy I got at the Primark in Leeds. Very few people were in it so it wasn't so bad. :D