News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Man that would just be rubbing it in Zanza.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Didn't know the Reds used the Jawa's landcrawler during Bagration. Learn something new every day.

Liep

We're getting a new shop in the building, only thing we know so far is: "Vinyls, books, gallery, food"

I foresee a hipster invasion.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on June 22, 2016, 12:07:54 PM
Quote from: Zanza on June 22, 2016, 12:03:45 PM
The Russians are miffed that Germany does not commemorate it.

A big Barbarossa parade complete with huge pictures of Fedor von Bock being carried along like holy icons. I see it now. Line after line of Leopard 2's covered in Iron Crosses.

I just got hard.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Archy

I feel the Russians are seeking another excuse to rape some more German women.

Josquius

Swans.
The gayest of birds.

Always look like they're smiling don't they?
██████
██████
██████

MadImmortalMan

What are all these lights?

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Admiral Yi

I know squid fishermen light up their boats.  Think shrimpers do to.

Josquius

Right along the halfway point between argentina and the Falklands :hmm:
██████
██████
██████

Liep

Google backs up Yi:

"About 300 to 500 kilometers (200 to 300 miles) offshore, a city of light appeared in the middle of the South Atlantic Ocean. There are no human settlements there, nor fires or gas wells. But there are an awful lot of fishing boats.
Adorned with lights for night fishing, the boats cluster offshore along invisible lines: the underwater edge of the continental shelf, the nutrient-rich Malvinas Current, and the boundaries of the exclusive economic zones of Argentina and the Falkland Islands.
The night fishermen are hunting for Illex argentinus, a species of short-finned squid that forms the second largest squid fishery on the planet. The squid are found tens to hundreds of kilometers offshore from roughly Rio de Janeiro to Tierra del Fuego (22 to 54 degrees South latitude). They live 80 to 600 meters (250 to 2,000 feet) below the surface, feeding on shrimp, crabs, and fish. In turn, Illex are consumed by larger finfish, whales, seals, sea birds, penguins...and humans."

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josquius

A teacher asks the class if they had any relatives that fought in the war.
Little Johnny puts his hand up.
"my grandad was in the war and got a grenade shoved up his arse by a german miss"
the teacher replies
"rectum Johnny, rectum"
Johnny says...
"rectum miss?....it nearly fucking killed him!".
██████
██████
██████

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Admiral Yi

PRC

Had a major rain and hail storm come through.  Water found its way through the roof in one corner of the house and down through a light fixture.  Nothing major, but will need to deal with it as soon as possible.  Obviously not going to use the lights in that part of the house and will need to call someone asap to deal with it as i'm not handy enough. 

Any advice from the homeowners who've been through something like that before would be much appreciated.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.