News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

I'd also imagine that a large factor in survivability for those battles is simply the location.

You could probably founder in the Med for a little while.  The North Sea?  Probably no more than 20 mins (being very generous) before hypothermia kicks in.

garbon

I just rode the bus and was the only passenger. Like a ghetto limousine. :cool:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

barkdreg

Maybe the number of casualties seems low because the British tended to have a clear naval superiority and won most of their battles.
Just look at the casualties from the battle of Trafalgar, nearly 500 British dead vs 6000 French/Spanish dead.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on June 18, 2016, 04:04:15 PM

I hope you sat anywhere you wanted.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 18, 2016, 05:00:43 PM

The back is good on an empty bus.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 18, 2016, 05:00:43 PM

I see what you've done there!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

I always like sitting near the exit door. People don't seem to fancy those seats for some reason.

garbon

Well in London a lot of those are disability preference ones so you are liable to have to give up your seat.

celedhring

Quote from: garbon on June 19, 2016, 04:10:02 AM
Well in London a lot of those are disability preference ones so you are liable to have to give up your seat.

We have those right at the front instead, near the entrance door.

CountDeMoney

Giving up your seat for somebody already in a wheelchair?  That's not terribly fair.

Ed Anger

Timmay rides in a booster seat
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 19, 2016, 08:35:28 AM

Giving up your seat for somebody already in a wheelchair?  That's not terribly fair.

Or someone who chose to disable themselves by becoming pregnant? Shit.

Josquius

Finally getting code to do what you want it to do. :punk:

Mostly.
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon