News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Shrimp are neither chordates nor cephalopods.  I've explained this.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

HVC

He's ok with stuff that lives in water. So presumably whales would be on the menu
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Ideologue

Quote from: HVC on December 05, 2013, 11:41:47 PM
He's ok with stuff that lives in water. So presumably whales would be on the menu

I HAVE EXPLAINED THIS.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

HVC

If it makes you feel any better chickens are evil
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

HVC

Quote from: Ideologue on December 05, 2013, 11:42:03 PM
Quote from: HVC on December 05, 2013, 11:41:47 PM

I HAVE EXPLAINED THIS.
yes well your beliefs are foolish and deserve to be mocked

:P

Admiral Yi

Ideologue

My diet has been ordered around rationality and a review of scientific literature.

There is new research that plausibly suggests that shrimp feel pain much like chordates though.  Which is a fucking bummer, because that just leaves me with scallops, clams, and the rare snail.
Kinemalogue

garbon

So if we drugged chickens so they don't feel pain...all good then?

Or perhaps genetically altered them to remove pain receptors?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue

Eddie Teach

Meh, while I think Ide's vegetarianism is pretty silly, I'd be pretty reluctant to eat a monkey. Chicken are clearly far more evolved than shrimp, so... /shrug
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

So I bought this dollar mouthguard to wear at night so I don't grind my teeth, and I am not really sure it fits correctly.  The fitted, dental ones cost like a billion dollars; I was told to boil it, so I guess I'll do that tomorrow and wear it then instead.  I'm also concerned about plastic leeching out and giving me cancer.

The next time some dickshit fundamentalist is lecturing you about the Creation and how Intelligent our Design is, point out that our body does not simply replace our teeth every few years when it easily, preposterously easily could.

I guarantee whenever we start genetically engineering people for novel abilities, rather than enhancements of existing ones, cells that grow news sets of teeth every five to ten years are going to be like the first new trait they develop.
Kinemalogue

jimmy olsen

I would have sworn on a stack of bibles I commented on this vegetarianism conversation. :huh:

Did I post my response in another thread by mistake or did the internet eat it. :unsure:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

The mayor of a small town in Lower Austria had to step down. In a council meeting he went on record, saying, "The fucking asylum seekers are really getting on my balls, but it's the press guys' faults. They should all hang, they're like the Jews."  ("Mir gehn die scheiß Asylanten sowieso am Oarsch, aber Schuld sind die Pressefritzen. Die gehörn aufgehängt, de san wia de Juden.")
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Malthus

Quote from: Ideologue on December 05, 2013, 11:15:36 PM
So turns out that Maruchan Hot and Spicy Shrimp Ramen, which I was successfully saving like six bucks a day on food with, has chicken broth in it.

And none of you care because none of you are my friends.

Also pretty close to cold turkey on the nicotine, which may or may not explain the above comment.

You went cold turkey, so now you are eating ramen?  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Malthus

Quote from: Syt on December 06, 2013, 07:33:43 AM
The mayor of a small town in Lower Austria had to step down. In a council meeting he went on record, saying, "The fucking asylum seekers are really getting on my balls, but it's the press guys' faults. They should all hang, they're like the Jews."  ("Mir gehn die scheiß Asylanten sowieso am Oarsch, aber Schuld sind die Pressefritzen. Die gehörn aufgehängt, de san wia de Juden.")

An Austrian and a Nazi?! That's unpossible.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius