Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

I was a legacy. At Robot House.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Savonarola

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 05, 2013, 08:51:14 PM

:mad:

Whenever a fire alarm is pulled, it's Robot House. Whenever the campus liquor store is looted, Robot House. Whenever a human corpse is desecrated...
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

fhdz

Quote from: Ideologue on December 05, 2013, 08:50:12 PM
Quote from: fhdz on December 05, 2013, 08:25:10 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 05, 2013, 05:48:25 PM
Quote from: fhdz on December 04, 2013, 09:05:12 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 04, 2013, 09:01:20 PM
So you and Katmai were pulling my leg when you said that you didn't go there but Harvard instead.

I read an article today that talked about the fact that Harvard's most frequently given grade is an A, and that its average grade given is an A-. And people still want to hype ivy league educations. :lol:

How do you know they don't deserve those As?

http://www.slate.com/blogs/moneybox/2013/12/05/harvard_grade_inflation_the_real_problem_is_admissions.html

Yes, Tim, I'm sure every student who got into Harvard got in because of their academic acumen, and not because of any pull from family legacy or fiscal liquidity.

Why do you mock our betters?

Because they're there, like Everests for me to climb.
and the horse you rode in on

Ed Anger

Quote from: Savonarola on December 05, 2013, 09:01:55 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on December 05, 2013, 08:51:14 PM

:mad:

Whenever a fire alarm is pulled, it's Robot House. Whenever the campus liquor store is looted, Robot House. Whenever a human corpse is desecrated...

I'm not fat bot however.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

So turns out that Maruchan Hot and Spicy Shrimp Ramen, which I was successfully saving like six bucks a day on food with, has chicken broth in it.

And none of you care because none of you are my friends.

Also pretty close to cold turkey on the nicotine, which may or may not explain the above comment.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

You expect to get actual shrimp for 30 cents a serving?

HVC

If it tastes good there animal byproducts in there. It's just the way it is.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

katmai

Ide, stop being such a dumas!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ideologue

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 05, 2013, 11:20:35 PM
You expect to get actual shrimp for 30 cents a serving?

HVC has it right.  The shrimp are real (you can see their gross back vein and everything) but I expected/hoped/didn't know that they put boiled bird bones in it, which I don't eat.  And I've eaten like fifty of them in the past few weeks, so I'm almost as upset at myself because I have been eating them as I am at society in general that I find it difficult to find food for cheap vegetarians.  Well, other than actual vegetables, I guess. :yuk:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on December 05, 2013, 11:15:36 PM
So turns out that Maruchan Hot and Spicy Shrimp Ramen, which I was successfully saving like six bucks a day on food with, has chicken broth in it.

And none of you care because none of you are my friends.

I don't care because I find vegetarianism absurd.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

To be fair, you find a lot of things that involve caring about suffering and exploitation absurd.
Kinemalogue

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on December 05, 2013, 11:36:38 PM
To be fair, you find a lot of things that involve caring about suffering and exploitation absurd.

No, not really.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Wait, you object to the chicken because of vegetarianism, but have no problem with shrimp?  :huh:

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

lustindarkness

So shrimp are vegetables?  :lmfao:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom