News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Are you groaning because you find the topic tiresome or because you're a bit of a prick?  Either way maybe we should shelve the discussion.

Agelastus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 17, 2009, 06:25:59 PM
Are you groaning because you find the topic tiresome or because you're a bit of a prick?  Either way maybe we should shelve the discussion.

:lmfao:

I'm groaning because you keep mixing up statements regarding left hand driving and hockey.  :(

I suppose I might be groaning about the topic being tiresome if I wasn't, as you put it, a "bit of a prick". :P

And as for shelving it, of course...until the next laughable attempt at linguistic world Imperialism by North Americans comes up. ;) :D

"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Neil

Quote from: Agelastus on September 17, 2009, 12:28:59 PM
No, I still think its' amusing that a pair of democracies can't bear to admit they have been outvoted on a name for a sport, but since this discussion can only devolve into an example of "it is/it isn't" ad infinitum I decided not to let an opportunity pass to show my political "true colours" instead.

:hug:
I am not a democracy.

Besides, who cares what poor countries who aren't good at hockey have to say about it?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: Agelastus on September 17, 2009, 05:42:14 PM
I am stating that I am only outnumbered 2-1 when driving on the left, but (assuming a world population of six billion - out of date I know - and a North American population of about 340 million) this is still a better position to be in than Peter is in regard to calling Ice Hockey "Hockey" since he is outnumbered 17-1.
However, in both cases you are on the short end of the stick 1-0.  You see, numbers of people don't matter.  Only gods have a vote, and gods drive on the right and play hockey on ice.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grey Fox

You can write thousands words long posts all week long if you want.

Only hockey that matter is played on ice.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Agelastus on September 17, 2009, 06:32:18 PM
:lmfao:

I'm groaning because you keep mixing up statements regarding left hand driving and hockey.  :(
Bit of a prick and kind of stupid.  Not a good combination. :(

Agelastus

Quote from: Neil on September 17, 2009, 06:34:17 PM
I am not a democracy.

Besides, who cares what poor countries who aren't good at hockey have to say about it?

Actually, that's a good point. Since I cannot find that North Americans have ever won a major hockey title, whereas Britain has, who cares what "countries who aren't any good at hockey have to say about it?" :P
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be

Agelastus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 17, 2009, 06:39:45 PM
Bit of a prick and kind of stupid.  Not a good combination. :(

I'm not the one who's been mixing up posts regarding left hand driving and hockey Yi, you are. And since you seem to be constitutionally incapable of admitting this, then I guess you must be a "bit of a prick and kind of stupid" too. :(

:lol:
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be

ulmont

Quote from: Agelastus on September 17, 2009, 06:39:50 PM
I cannot find that North Americans have ever won a major hockey title

You didn't look very hard.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_on_Ice

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Agelastus on September 17, 2009, 06:43:00 PM
I'm not the one who's been mixing up posts regarding left hand driving and hockey Yi, you are. And since you seem to be constitutionally incapable of admitting this, then I guess you must be a "bit of a prick and kind of stupid" too. :(

:lol:
In fact you are, as anyone who has read the last few pages can see.

Agelastus

Quote from: Neil on September 17, 2009, 06:37:46 PM
However, in both cases you are on the short end of the stick 1-0.  You see, numbers of people don't matter.  Only gods have a vote, and gods drive on the right and play hockey on ice.

Sieg Heil, Mein Fuhrer!:salutes:

Actually, this is why I keep returning to Languish, even though I am sometimes absent for months on end. Languish is a special place when it accommodates people who can make posts like Neil's with a straight face.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be

Neil

Quote from: Agelastus on September 17, 2009, 06:39:50 PM
Quote from: Neil on September 17, 2009, 06:34:17 PM
I am not a democracy.

Actually, that's a good point. Since I cannot find that North Americans have ever won a major hockey title, whereas Britain has, who cares what "countries who aren't any good at hockey have to say about it?" :P
The only major hockey title is entirely North American.

Neil

Quote from: Agelastus on September 17, 2009, 06:46:01 PM
Quote from: Neil on September 17, 2009, 06:37:46 PM

Sieg Heil, Mein Fuhrer!:salutes:
I don't lead people.  I sit over them and judge them.

Agelastus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 17, 2009, 03:37:32 PM
Quote from: Agelastus on September 17, 2009, 03:26:57 PM
Since the last nation to change sides actually joined our camp, it may be a tad premature to surrender yet...

Anyway, I still have 34% of the world's population on my side - that's better odds than you Northamericanos have with calling Ice Hockey "Hockey". :P
I don't know about that.  Are you sure that India + you is more than 34% of the world's population?

I have taken the trouble to re-read the last few pages.

Yi, the above post is the point at which you went off the rails, when you misunderstood what the 34% referred to - and if you will read the post two down from this one, you will see that Peter also thought you were talking about driving on the left when you made it, as he brought up Japan and South East Africa.

Actually the first person to mention South East Asia was you, so I do take back the bit about South East Asia referring to the discussion about driving on the left, and I extend my apologies. I am sorry that I posted :groan: as it was inappropriate in response to your post mentioning South East Asia.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be

Agelastus

Quote from: Neil on September 17, 2009, 06:47:57 PM
I don't lead people.  I sit over them and judge them.

One could argue Hitler did the same...

Anyway, I wouldn't sit over me if I were you - since the company I worked for went bust (for the second time) I seem to be skipping bathing a bit. It's much more effort to run a bath than it is to turn on a computer and gleefully argue about the correct name of ICE Hockey on the net. :)
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be