Ask them why! why is State Senator Obama to blame for 9/11

I didn't ask them shit. Dumbass hicks.  :rolleyes:

And the thing is, Obama was a State Senator IN THIS STATE! :contract:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Tamas

At my previous workplace I was sitting next to a bunch of guys with similar level of, well, political intelligence? I managed to keep silent through the daily bullshit dosage, but it is a good thing I left because I was worried one day I would snap and yell their heads down for all the crap I had to listen to.

Eddie Teach

Well, as one of the precursors to Armageddon, Antichrist Obama must have had something to do with it.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DGuller

I wonder if the old system of voting for politicians because they belong to your power block, without trying to understand the issues yourself, was better.  You still had tribalism, but at least you didn't have most people justifying their voting choice after the fact with dangerous bits of little knowledge.

Tamas

Quote from: DGuller on September 24, 2013, 08:34:16 AM
I wonder if the old system of voting for politicians because they belong to your power block, without trying to understand the issues yourself, was better.  You still had tribalism, but at least you didn't have most people justifying their voting choice after the fact with dangerous bits of little knowledge.

I think it doesn`t really matter. While tribalism and aggression are almost always the real reasons, they have ery rarely been openly admitted. More like, never, except for sports. Religion, nationality, morals, the Greater Good, all these serve as convenient lies and excuses to hate on each other.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

But when Joe Biden does it...

Syt

Austria has failed to outlaw smoking within restaurants, bars etc. Instead we have a law that below a certain size the owner can decide to make it a smoker or non-smoker lace (guess what option 90+% of owners go with?), while above a certain size there needs to be separate smoking and non-smoking sections (or, alternatively, all is non-smoking).

The problem there is, that a lot of places opted to declare the area around the bar the smoking section and the back sections the non-smoking ones. Which means that in order to get to the smoke free area you have to cross The Fog. And often enough, you have to do so to get drinks, too.

The highest court has now ruled that this practice is counter to the intent of the law and that the establishments must change this accordingly. Which leads to moaning and whining from the owners of said locales.

I wish the politicians hadn't been too cowardly at the time to just enact a smoking ban in those places and be done with it. I've been in plenty non-smoking sections and have yet come home smelling like an ashtray because the door between smoking/non-smoking is opened all the time from people passing through, and/or the a/c not working properly.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Barrister

Quote from: Syt on September 24, 2013, 02:19:09 PM
Austria has failed to outlaw smoking within restaurants, bars etc. Instead we have a law that below a certain size the owner can decide to make it a smoker or non-smoker lace (guess what option 90+% of owners go with?), while above a certain size there needs to be separate smoking and non-smoking sections (or, alternatively, all is non-smoking).

The problem there is, that a lot of places opted to declare the area around the bar the smoking section and the back sections the non-smoking ones. Which means that in order to get to the smoke free area you have to cross The Fog. And often enough, you have to do so to get drinks, too.

The highest court has now ruled that this practice is counter to the intent of the law and that the establishments must change this accordingly. Which leads to moaning and whining from the owners of said locales.

I wish the politicians hadn't been too cowardly at the time to just enact a smoking ban in those places and be done with it. I've been in plenty non-smoking sections and have yet come home smelling like an ashtray because the door between smoking/non-smoking is opened all the time from people passing through, and/or the a/c not working properly.

People dragged their heels for years and years about restaurants and bars going smoke-free, but when it finally happened it was effortless.  Now nobody would ever dream of going back.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

They had a stupid-ass ballot referendum in Ohio that was passed off as a workplace safety measure.  It passed easily, and many idiots who voted for it didn't realize it meant no smoking in any restaurant or bar.

AFAIK Kentucky hasn't passed a ban yet, but it's probably a matter of time :rolleyes:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

There are local ordinances, but nothing statewide.  In fact the county where I live has nothing at all re: smoking bans, so you can smoke wherever you want to in basically any building... I think only the public schools have some sort of ban on smoking.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Liep

Maersk's new 400m container ship 'Majestic Maersk' has been docked in Copenhagen the last few days. That thing is truly massive.

19 sailors on board apparently, seems low.

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

lustindarkness

Quote from: Liep on September 24, 2013, 02:53:33 PM
Maersk's new 400m container ship 'Majestic Maersk' has been docked in Copenhagen the last few days. That thing is truly massive.

A container ship and it is already low with a crew of 19? They can't be that fat.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Iormlund

Quote from: Liep on September 24, 2013, 02:53:33 PM

Ships these days are pretty much completely automated. There are of course engineers and mechanics on board but unless something goes wrong their tasks probably consist mostly of preventive maintenance (inspecting, cleaning, oiling, replacing, etc).