And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: Barrister on September 02, 2013, 09:27:20 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on September 02, 2013, 09:22:59 AM
And it looks like Fox soccer channel is a goner. Replaced with the FXX network. Haha.

Replaced with Fox Sports 1 I believe.

Nope. Fox soccer has been still on. Dying slowly with endless reruns of Being Liverpool and old FA cup and championship games.

Fox sports 1 replaced Speed. Which pissed off my Dad.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 02, 2013, 09:30:19 AM
Quote from: Barrister on September 02, 2013, 09:27:20 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on September 02, 2013, 09:22:59 AM
And it looks like Fox soccer channel is a goner. Replaced with the FXX network. Haha.

Replaced with Fox Sports 1 I believe.

Nope. Fox soccer has been still on. Dying slowly with endless reruns of Being Liverpool and old FA cup and championship games.

I meant more that FS1 is where their soccer coverage has gone.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Oh yeah. Nobody can escape Eric Wynalda and Rob Stone.

CountDeMoney

At least ESPN has the sense to keep Alexi Lalas in a shoebox for when they need him 2 minutes a week.

Ed Anger

In the same box with Barry Melrose.

CountDeMoney

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Barrister on September 02, 2013, 09:31:49 AM
I meant more that FS1 is where their soccer coverage has gone.

Well, NBC won the TV rights for the next three years of Premier League from Fox, so I'm not sure how much soccer they have to show now.

Grey Fox

FS1 better be a fucking success. Assholes at Fox stole Jay & Dan from us.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

DGuller

Your Dad is a good man.  Fox destroys everything good they lay their hands on.

Ed Anger

Quote from: DGuller on September 02, 2013, 12:40:49 PM

He eternally bitches about every channel's NASCAR coverage. FOX? He'd like to strangle Waltrip. ESPN/ABC? He'd like to strangle Rusty Wallace.

BEST DAD EVER

Barrister

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 02, 2013, 03:32:54 PM

He eternally bitches about every channel's NASCAR coverage. FOX? He'd like to strangle Waltrip. ESPN/ABC? He'd like to strangle Rusty Wallace.

BEST DAD EVER

My dad was/is a sports writer and editor.  You should hear him complain about, oh, everybody's coverage of everything.

Although, bizarrely in his semi-retirement he's become a big EPL fan.  I theorize that because he was never involved in covering soccer, he can come at it as purely a fan.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

DGuller

BEST DAD EVER
Your dad is a smart man.  I'm not completely sold on the fact that those two should in fact be put down, but they should at least not be in the booth.  That also goes for every other prostitute that praises Danica every race for doing what she needs to do, which is running in 31st position 5 laps down.

DGuller

Quote from: Barrister on September 02, 2013, 04:35:46 PM
My dad was/is a sports writer and editor.  You should hear him complain about, oh, everybody's coverage of everything.

Although, bizarrely in his semi-retirement he's become a big EPL fan.  I theorize that because he was never involved in covering soccer, he can come at it as purely a fan.
The problem with NASCAR and its coverage is that it's the perfect example of Southern hypocrisy.  You've got non-stop lip service to freedom, coupled with very genuine embrace of corporatism and censorship.  If you don't stick to the script, you will be made an example of.  The only one who seems to be able to speak his mind is Kyle Petty, but that may have something to do with the fact that he has a 7 time champion for a father, and he's been pretty marginalized anyway.

CountDeMoney

I have visions of Burt Sugar, bitching about how sports journalism died with Howard Cosell.

Josephus

BEST DAD EVER

Who did/does he write for Beeb?
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011