News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Quote from: Phillip V on March 31, 2013, 01:59:55 PM
When someone tells me that they are "Research Assistant" at a university, what does that mean? Is it part of a graduate study program, full-time position, volunteer?

I think it means they're a grad student who has a job doing pointless bullshit completely without value to society, and practically all of it assisting a professor in their published research.  That what an RA is at law school.  (Strikethru part may not apply to real schools.)
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Ideologue

You cocksuckers are boring today.  What, did you go see your families or something?  Did you enjoy LIFE?  You disgust me.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on March 31, 2013, 04:55:08 PM
You cocksuckers are boring today.  What, did you go see your families or something?  Did you enjoy LIFE?  You disgust me.

Your bitterness nourishes me.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

I'm glad to have a purpose.
Kinemalogue

derspiess

We're all solemnly memorializing the great Cesar Chavez. Thanks for the reminder, Google!
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

HVC

I went to see family, but it was boring if that makes you feel any better
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

HVC

Standing in front of a hospital with a billboard indicating its a center for sexual assault/domestic violence. The website had the acronym sadv, and I thought sad vagina. I gave a morose chuckle. I'm a bad person.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ideologue

Quote from: HVC on March 31, 2013, 06:43:38 PM
Standing in front of a hospital with a billboard indicating its a center for sexual assault/domestic violence. The website had the acronym sadv, and I thought sad vagina. I gave a morose chuckle. I'm a bad person.

Sad Vagina is my name for a chain of STD clinics.

And you being bored did make me feel better.  Thanks. :hug:
Kinemalogue

Ed Anger

And to conclude Easter for me, the traditional bowl of Banana Pudding.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Everyone who got my kids markers for Easter is getting a flaming bag of dog poop on their front door this week.  Espec. the ones who got them the markers that don't look like markers & made it through the first confiscation phase.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

katmai

:menace:
Oh you know you wanted to repaint.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Fireblade

Dear Canadians, and Especially Albertans:

I know some of you bitch about those dirty hippies in Ontario and B.C. bitching about your oil, but you know what? Your tar sand oil smells like concentrated ass. :yuck:

I know this because Exxon had an "incident" involving their pipeline and a residential area about ten minutes away from my house.

Ideologue

Fun with google ads: buy an STD test and see what shows up in front of your Youtube videos and next to your Paul Krugman articles for a week.  Got company over?  Google don't care!  Google says disclose. :)

For those few not in the know, I had a scare, but I'm clean as a whistle.  Not even HSV-1, after a retest cleared up an equivocal response to what is really only an STD in the same sense the common cold or chicken pox are--and which odds are a bit over 57% of you have btw.  Get tested, plague-carriers. :)

Edit: oh!  a poll!
Kinemalogue