News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 01, 2013, 12:47:08 PM
I don't drink milk from horses, dogs, cats, sheep, or even goats.

There was one time I was gonna get to drink some human milk, and the couple's enthusiasm suggested possibly from the tap, but alas I never got the chance.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Tamas

Quote from: mongers on April 01, 2013, 08:21:28 PM
Our local power station, the 1000 megawatt Fawley plant, closed today March 31st:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-21957458

I wonder where our electricity will come from in the medium term.   :hmm:

What about your windmills, solar panels, and forest burning power plants?

Duque de Bragança

Our local power station, the 1000 megawatt Fawley plant, closed today March 31st:

Do it à la German:
Russian gas, coal, or French nuclear power plant, then pretend to be green. :)

Josquius

I want to try goats milk. They do make good cheese.
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

Quote from: Ideologue on April 02, 2013, 01:09:20 AM

There was one time I was gonna get to drink some human milk, and the couple's enthusiasm suggested possibly from the tap, but alas I never got the chance.

You would have puke it out. The human body isn't a refrigerator, that thing comes out warm.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

I've found it tasty enough.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

lustindarkness

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 02, 2013, 06:10:03 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on April 02, 2013, 01:09:20 AM

You would have puke it out. The human body isn't a refrigerator, that thing comes out warm.

Its good, but not the first few weeks, that concentrated stuff is nasty.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tamas on April 02, 2013, 01:43:37 AM
What? We're not Germany :P
Let's bomb Russia!

Tamas

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 02, 2013, 08:41:35 AM

well, build them then. I have been told they are future :P

The Larch

Quote from: Tamas on April 02, 2013, 09:18:35 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on April 02, 2013, 08:41:35 AM

well, build them then. I have been told they are future :P

They are still catching up, AFAIK the UK is the country with the fastest installation of offshore wind turbines in the world. They have to put them at sea because the NIMBYism is atrocious on land.

mongers

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on April 02, 2013, 02:17:14 AM

Do it à la German:
Russian gas, coal, or French nuclear power plant, then pretend to be green. :)

We pretty much already do that.  :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Sheilbh

Quote from: The Larch on April 02, 2013, 09:23:15 AM
They are still catching up, AFAIK the UK is the country with the fastest installation of offshore wind turbines in the world. They have to put them at sea because the NIMBYism is atrocious on land.
NIMBYism is atrocious for everything on land. We can't build houses, the high speed rails controversial, expanding London's air capacity's a nightmare and there's real issues with all power plants - we need all of them over the next 10-20 years though.

Ironically nuclear's one of the easier ones because many of the new plants are planned to built on top of old decommissioned sites.
Let's bomb Russia!

mongers

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 02, 2013, 09:33:12 AM
NIMBYism is atrocious for everything on land. We can't build houses, the high speed rails controversial, expanding London's air capacity's a nightmare and there's real issues with all power plants - we need all of them over the next 10-20 years though.

Ironically nuclear's one of the easier ones because many of the new plants are planned to built on top of old decommissioned sites.

Oh, it's much worse than that, locally they're trying to install an offshore wind south of the Purbecks and the well off are complaining it'll spoil their view.   :rolleyes:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

Quote from: mongers on April 02, 2013, 11:59:22 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on April 02, 2013, 09:33:12 AM

Oh, it's much worse than that, locally they're trying to install an offshore wind south of the Purbecks and the well off are complaining it'll spoil their view.   :rolleyes:

Will it not?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

I find wind turbines quit cool to look at actually.  It certainly has not hurt the view in West Texas.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."