And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 30, 2012, 07:46:13 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 30, 2012, 06:06:25 PM
Also from the Economist, Hong Kong, Singapore and Taiwan already have higher per capita income in PPP terms than Japan, and Korea(!) is predicted to match Japan in 2017.
I find this hard to believe. Taiwan didn't seem nearly as developed as Korea, and I spent my whole time in Taipei!

They hide the breakables and good dishes when Round Eyes are around.

jimmy olsen

Scooters and motorcycles significantly outnumbered cars in Taipei, while in Korea you see 20 cars for every scooter.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Lettow77

This is merely because Koreans are Americanized Christians with circumcisions and a blind tendency to follow Uncle Sam.

Taiwan by comparison will someday be the fifth home island.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Neil

Quote from: Lettow77 on April 30, 2012, 09:06:56 PM
Taiwan by comparison will someday be the fifth home island.
You know as well as I do that's not going to happen.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Habbaku

The Republic of China will soon invade the homeland and reestablish dominance.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ideologue

Quote from: Habbaku on April 30, 2012, 09:34:38 PM
The Republic of China will soon invade the homeland and reestablish dominance.

They will repopulate it.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

HVC

I used to think the worst part of insomnia was the being tired part. now i think it's the boredom of it all.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Ideologue

Quote from: HVC on April 30, 2012, 10:58:08 PM
I used to think the worst part of insomnia was the being tired part. now i think it's the boredom of it all.

WELL, LO SIENTO.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

HVC

obrigado pelo sentimento
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Ideologue

Sure, I like your haircut.
Kinemalogue

CountDeMoney

Quote from: HVC on April 30, 2012, 10:58:08 PM

I dunno, man...with the full blown FIOS package, Netflix, Hulu, Vudu, and On Demand, I find ways NOT to sleep.  There is SOMETHING to watch.

Of course, the ONE movie I want to see isn't anywhere in sight.  Fucking Bedford Incident.

Then again, you can always pick up a book.

Ideologue

That reminds me, I'm pretty pissed at my phone carrier.  Yeah, unlimited data's pretty fucking easy to promise when your connection is so slow it can't even run a Youtube video.
Kinemalogue

HVC

books are good. i bought the A Song of Ice and Fire collection to read. Tv is good too, but sometimes it gets frustrating. Monday and tuesday are the worst. No one wants to do anything. Except for that one person you're trying to ignore :lol:

HVC

Quote from: Ideologue on April 30, 2012, 11:16:56 PM
That reminds me, I'm pretty pissed at my phone carrier.  Yeah, unlimited data's pretty fucking easy to promise when your connection is so slow it can't even run a Youtube video.
go for a cheaper plan and use wifi. it's free nearly everywhere. Well, in a city. do you live in a city?

Ideologue

I will attempt to use the "office's" (hotel's -_- ) wifi tomorrow.  I didn't want to fiddle with my phone too much at work.
Kinemalogue