News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iormlund

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Sheilbh

I'm looking forward to the Golden Globes tonight. 

Never thought I'd say that, but I place my hopes in Gervais.
Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 15, 2012, 06:07:03 PM

I dunno, I thoroughly enjoy Brits and Brit-type actors and whatnot, but Gervais just rubs me the wrong way.

Ed Anger

That and being almost totally unfunny.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josquius

Fate is a horrific thing sometimes.
Yesterday walking in town there was absolutely one person I did not want to run into.
Who by chance should happen to be walking down a street just as I'm going across it? All in this big city of 200,000? Yep....That person.
██████
██████
██████

DGuller

Quote from: Tyr on January 15, 2012, 06:34:48 PM
Yesterday walking in town there was absolutely one person I did not want to run into.
Who by chance should happen to be walking down a street just as I'm going across it? All in this big city of 200,000? Yep....That person.
Who was that person, your stalker?

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 15, 2012, 06:11:37 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on January 15, 2012, 06:07:03 PM
I dunno, I thoroughly enjoy Brits and Brit-type actors and whatnot, but Gervais just rubs me the wrong way.
Yeah.  His humour is a little too cruel for my tastes.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on January 15, 2012, 07:33:56 PM
Quote from: Tyr on January 15, 2012, 06:34:48 PM
Who was that person, your stalker?

I tell you, I'd hate to have Fate stalking me.  That guy is really weird, I think he gets to much into it when he's carving up cadavers.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Sheilbh

Turns out the Golden Globes were shit.  My low/high point was when Madonna won best song for her (by the looks of it, Godawful) film WE.  As the Guardian said this now means she'll refer to the film for the next few decades as her 'Golden Globe winning film...'

On the other hand I did love Elton John's reaction:
Let's bomb Russia!

Razgovory

That rodent is back.  The cat is chasing it around the room at the moment, but she can't figure out what to do about it.  Not the brightest cat in the world.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josephus

Ricky was pretty restrained last night. :(
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!