News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

Are there really people who surprise their significant other with a car as a gift?

Ed Anger

Quote from: sbr on December 12, 2011, 02:23:47 AM
Are there really people who surprise their significant other with a car as a gift?

Yes.

You must have seen those Lexus commercials for the kajillionth time.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

Quote from: sbr on December 12, 2011, 02:23:47 AM
Seems like such a crappy gift in so many ways, unless it's your 16th birthday.

Ideologue

Someone wants to buy me a Lexus, I'm cool with it.

I mean, I'm selling it the next day, but it's the thought that counts.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Josquius

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 09, 2011, 12:46:17 PM
I saw the thread on that game at Quarter to Three. Weird fucking shit.
what is it called?
Looks like it warrants a read about.
██████
██████
██████

Lettow77

That seems like something I should answer. "Hatoful Boyfriend"-
http://clione.halfmoon.jp/hatoful-boyfriend/download.html
here's your download link.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Ideologue

More adventures in online employment application questionnaires:

QuoteI am somewhat concerned about the direction the national economy is taking.

Unsure if this is a question designed to identify potential communists with affirmative answers, or demonstrated retards with negative answers.  Maybe both!

QuoteJoe is preparing 18 hot dogs for his party. However, Joe only has 12 hot dog buns. How many more hot dog buns does Joe need?

Hey, look, Raz, I'm using my math skills.

QuoteHector says he does not _______ when the movie starts.

no
know
now
knows

And my language skills, to boot!  Ugh.

QuoteCathy is planning a reception for her daughter's wedding. All of the family is invited, but not all of the family members get along particularly well. Cathy must be careful not to seat certain family members together who might not care for each other. She knows that Aunt Amanda and Aunt Sally always feud about who makes the best apple pies. Cousin Larry and Uncle Robby always get into arguments about which football team is the best. Robby grew up with Sally and they have been close since they were kids, but Aunt Amanda and Uncle Robby are married with 4 kids. Larry is not married and has no kids.

I saw you there, online application questionnaire writer.  I saw your humanity slip through the smallest of cracks, a glimmer of personality that shone for the briefest of moments.  I liked Perfect Strangers too.

You're probably dead now, by the slow poison you must have needed to get through your day, or by the "accident" that unaccountably didn't leave an inch of skid mark before the wall.  You made bad decisions in your life, but you carried that weight as far as you could.  Rest in peace.

I'll see you on the other side, my friend.  You, me, and Balki Bartokomous.  Good times.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

So where's the question in that last one?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Oh, it was a "reading skills" question, asking various questions about the paragraph.

I don't understand why shitty jobs have applications about ten times longer than good ones.
Kinemalogue

Ed Anger

You'd be surprised how many young people will miss that that hot dog question.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

Joe could always double up some of the dogs.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

Quote from: Lettow77 on December 12, 2011, 11:44:03 AM
That seems like something I should answer. "Hatoful Boyfriend"-
http://clione.halfmoon.jp/hatoful-boyfriend/download.html
here's your download link.
You know...I might just do that tomorrow. I recall playing a dating sim once which was rather weirdly fun. And it lacked pidgeons.
Most odd considering the old joke about Japanese gamers is they were obsessed with horse dating sims.
██████
██████
██████

Josephus

As I get older I'm becoming more and more of a technophobe.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Habbaku

Quote from: Josephus on December 12, 2011, 01:29:18 PM
As I get older I'm becoming more and more of a technophobe.

The proper word is "Luddite."  Go smash your computer and retire to a monastery, please.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Grey Fox

It's getting old. Learning new things becomes bothersome.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.