Massacre at historic African American Church in Charleston

Started by jimmy olsen, June 18, 2015, 12:10:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

To be fair, many male viewers probably didn't notice much of the flag due to, uhm, other qualities of the show.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Syt on July 03, 2015, 01:30:42 AM
To be fair, many male viewers probably didn't notice much of the flag due to, uhm, other qualities of the show.

What are we talking about again?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

alfred russel

Bubba Watson, the golfer, bought the General Lee a while back and according to the radio is now planning to repaint the roof of the car with the american flag.  :bleeding:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Tonitrus

Did the Lee in that crappy DoH movie remake have the C-word flag on it, or will they have to ban that now too?  :P

alfred russel

Quote from: Tonitrus on July 03, 2015, 06:18:51 PM
Did the Lee in that crappy DoH movie remake have the C-word flag on it, or will they have to ban that now too?  :P

I think it did, but they won't have to ban it, because no one will ever try to watch it again.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Ed Anger

When I was in the hospital for a broken leg back in '06, that Dukes of Hazard movie was on infinite repeat on the hospital TV system. Along with Madasacar.

Both are seared into my memory.  :cry:

viper37

Quote from: Tonitrus on July 03, 2015, 06:18:51 PM
Mid way through the film, Cooter adds it to the car, after rebuilding it.  It's part of a silly joke when they go to Atlanta with the car.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

The Brain

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 03, 2015, 06:57:34 PM
When I was in the hospital for a broken leg back in '06, that Dukes of Hazard movie was on infinite repeat on the hospital TV system. Along with Madasacar.

Madasacar? Your searing may need service.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

Quote from: The Brain on July 04, 2015, 08:55:37 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on July 03, 2015, 06:57:34 PM

Madasacar? Your searing may need service.

YOU GOT TO MOVE IT!

Syt

"If we're going to remove the Confederate Flag because it's divisive and racist, then we need to remove the president and his administration for the same reasons."
- My sisters, Facebook :bleeding:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Ideologue

Quote from: Syt on July 06, 2015, 04:37:44 AM
"If we're going to remove the Confederate Flag because it's divisive and racist, then we need to remove the president and his administration for the same reasons."

Wow. :lol:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Syt

Well, it was a picture they re-posted from some page they liked, but still.

I also liked one along the lines, "Why is it when you say your opinion it's 1st Amendment rights, and when I do it it's hate speech?" Well, maybe it's the content of your opinion? :P
—Stephen Jay Gould

Duque de Bragança

:lol:

Mieux vaut en rire qu'en pleurer

PS: I take it that the previous post on FB about "Che Guevarra" (sic) was not corrected.  :P

jimmy olsen

Your sisters have gone native to a ridiculous degree.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point