Massacre at historic African American Church in Charleston

Started by jimmy olsen, June 18, 2015, 12:10:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Savonarola

I just saw a scrapper pass by with an enormous Confederate Battle Flag on his truck.  Until today I had never seen any of the Confederate flags flown here in Melbourne.   :alberta:
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on June 29, 2015, 09:54:10 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on June 29, 2015, 09:40:16 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on June 29, 2015, 04:45:52 AM
Ok, I'm glad I'll miss the race war.

Oh, you'll enjoy the more subtle northern racism.

Giuliani...so subtle.

Not braying jackass. Subtle. Like driving darkies out of a tiny rural town without being too over the top.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on June 28, 2015, 09:28:17 AM
I don't get it. :blush:

If you get a chance to see some of the Carry on Movies I think you would like them.  Carry on up the Khyber would probably bet the biggest hit with the Languish crowd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvp_GJ_4dow

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on June 29, 2015, 04:45:52 AM
Ok, I'm glad I'll miss the race war.

Baby, please. To do that you gotta make like me and escape the country. Now in Europe, I can be hated on for being Muslim! :swiss:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Eddie Teach

Maybe you should stop dressing like the fruit of Islam.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

<_<

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/07/02/politics/confederate-flag-poll-racism-southern-pride/index.html

The poll shows that 57% of Americans see the flag more as a symbol of Southern pride than as a symbol of racism
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2015/07/01/tv-land-pulls-reruns-dukes-hazzard/

QuoteTV Land pulls reruns of 'Dukes of Hazzard'

The latest victim of the growing controversy over the Confederate flag is the 1980s TV series "The Dukes of Hazzard."

A TV Land spokesperson confirmed Tuesday that the network has pulled reruns of the series from its schedule, which had been airing twice a day.

The network declined to comment on why the episodes were removed, but the southern-set show has come under fire recently for its depiction of the Confederate flag, which is emblazoned on the hood of the Duke Boys' signature 1969 orange Dodge Charger.

Warner Bros., which owns "The Dukes of Hazzard," last week halted production on toy replicas of the car dubbed the General Lee. That followed moves by other retailers such as Walmart and eBay to stop selling items bearing the Stars and Bars after the deadly church shooting in Charleston, SC, in June.

A Change.org petition telling Viacom and Warner Bros. to "Stop Banning Dukes of Hazzard" had collected nearly 400 signatures since launching on Tuesday.

"The Dukes of Hazzard" originally aired on CBS from 1979-85 and followed the adventures of cousins Bo Derek (John Schneider) and Luke Derek (Tom Wopat) who raced around town in their trusty stock car.

This article originally appeared in The New York Post.

Four4Four: Chrissy Teigen wants everyone to see her nipples
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Also, FOX/Ny Post, the Confederate battle flag is NOT the Stars&Bars :rolleyes:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Martinus

QuoteA Change.org petition telling Viacom and Warner Bros. to "Stop Banning Dukes of Hazzard" had collected nearly 400 signatures since launching on Tuesday.

400 signatures? The "Make Pedophilia Mandatory" online petition would probably collect more signatures in that period. :D