Treasury Department to Put a Woman on the $10 Bill in 2020

Started by jimmy olsen, June 17, 2015, 10:20:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Quote from: Tyr on April 21, 2016, 05:01:24 AM
America 1-0 Britain on this one.
Not looking forward to encountering my first Churchill note in the wild.

There's the Jane Austen note.

I can only recall Rosalía de Castro as the single non-royal female character featured in Spanish bills before we switched over the the euro.

Tamas

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: celedhring on April 21, 2016, 04:06:23 AM

The Euroland bills are so plain with just bridges and arches. And they aren't even real ones.

probably for the best

Josquius

It's less the woman issue (I'd place the black issue higher) and rather the more general issue of what they stand for.
Tubman is the positive side of America that they need to push harder to fully embrace. Everyone should be free and equal.
Churchill is the dark side of the UK that we're trying to get away from. Imperialist. Racist. Classist....Not the face 21st century Britain wants at all.
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Quote"Andrew Jackson is what we used to think of as a great American hero," said Brenda Stevenson, UCLA professor of history and African American studies. "He stood for the white, male political and economic elite, with great military honor associated with him.

This is the kind of person we have educating our young today.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on April 21, 2016, 05:27:06 AM
It's less the woman issue (I'd place the black issue higher) and rather the more general issue of what they stand for.
Tubman is the positive side of America that they need to push harder to fully embrace. Everyone should be free and equal.
Churchill is the dark side of the UK that we're trying to get away from. Imperialist. Racist. Classist....Not the face 21st century Britain wants at all.

And without him Western Civilization would have been destroyed. Who cares how many things he was wrong about, what matters is that he was right about the most important political question of his time, perhaps of any time.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Martinus

To CC's likely shock and horror I also know the date of Churchill's birthday. :P

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 21, 2016, 05:49:17 AM
Quote"Andrew Jackson is what we used to think of as a great American hero," said Brenda Stevenson, UCLA professor of history and African American studies. "He stood for the white, male political and economic elite, with great military honor associated with him.

I'm not sure I understand the issue with that statement.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: garbon on April 21, 2016, 06:40:12 AM

The people he stood for were white and male, but as disenfranchised poor people they were hardly society's political and economic elite.

He was still a terrible president, and a racist who committed war crimes, so I support dropping him from the twenty.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

FunkMonk

Whenever something like this happens I like to read the comments on the WSJ site to get the pulse of what real Americans are thinking:

QuoteGee, Andrew Jackson founded the Democratic Party, opened up voting to all citizens, set the stage for the US to expand from the Atlantic to the Pacific and refused to renew the charter of the first National Bank (a.k.a. Federal reserve). So who is Harriett Tubman and what did she do?
---
Just to retain gender balance, the ten dollar bill is being redesigned to have Bruce Jenner on the front, and Caitlyn Jenner on the back.  Both men and women can claim the tenner as their own.  Yay!
---
This move by the Obama regime is symbolic on many levels.
Like removing Churchill's bust from the White House, declining to prosecute black panthers who blatantly intimidated white voters at the polls, pushing the Deferred Deportation program for illegal aliens and many other such examples, it is designed to convey a message to white people that this is no longer your country, and we reject your white historical icons and the white, Christian European civilization that they represent.
Sadly, it is all true.
---
Put minorities and females on WIC bills and food stamps (providing them a credit card type piece of plastic to maintain dignity is infuriating - and ridiculously exploited). Rest assured this will continue funneling them to the voters booth.  Keep the sanctity of our country's history on the notes for those that earn them.  The super rich elite Leftists and bottom 20% lowlifes have somehow created a power vacuum that is tearing this country apart.
---
Obama, the Affirmative Action president in many ways, has now extended racial quotas to our currency.

Watch for other oppressed minorities to demand their representation. 

Expect Christine Jorgensen to replace that slaveholder George Washington on the dollar bill by the time Obama leaves next January.
---
...some countries evolve, others devolve.  We are clearly devolving at this point in time.

Our previous immigrants were Europeans who easily assimilated into our western culture.  Too many of today's immigrants are entrenched in "la revolucion" and have more allegiance to Che Guevara than, say, George Washington.  Theirs is a Third World culture striving for income redistribution.  Hence their immediate affinity to the Democratic Party which promises all sorts of free goodies paid by those rich gringos.

:D
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

garbon

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 21, 2016, 06:43:15 AM
Quote from: garbon on April 21, 2016, 06:40:12 AM

The people he stood for were white and male, but as disenfranchised poor people they were hardly society's political and economic elite.

He was still a terrible president, and a racist who committed war crimes, so I support dropping him from the twenty.

Seems like a minor quibble if that's what Yi is taking issue with. And yes to the latter.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: FunkMonk on April 21, 2016, 06:49:29 AM
Whenever something like this happens I like to read the comments on the WSJ site to get the pulse of what real Americans are thinking:

QuoteGee, Andrew Jackson founded the Democratic Party, opened up voting to all citizens, set the stage for the US to expand from the Atlantic to the Pacific and refused to renew the charter of the first National Bank (a.k.a. Federal reserve). So who is Harriett Tubman and what did she do?
---
Just to retain gender balance, the ten dollar bill is being redesigned to have Bruce Jenner on the front, and Caitlyn Jenner on the back.  Both men and women can claim the tenner as their own.  Yay!
---
This move by the Obama regime is symbolic on many levels.
Like removing Churchill's bust from the White House, declining to prosecute black panthers who blatantly intimidated white voters at the polls, pushing the Deferred Deportation program for illegal aliens and many other such examples, it is designed to convey a message to white people that this is no longer your country, and we reject your white historical icons and the white, Christian European civilization that they represent.
Sadly, it is all true.
---
Put minorities and females on WIC bills and food stamps (providing them a credit card type piece of plastic to maintain dignity is infuriating - and ridiculously exploited). Rest assured this will continue funneling them to the voters booth.  Keep the sanctity of our country's history on the notes for those that earn them.  The super rich elite Leftists and bottom 20% lowlifes have somehow created a power vacuum that is tearing this country apart.
---
Obama, the Affirmative Action president in many ways, has now extended racial quotas to our currency.

Watch for other oppressed minorities to demand their representation. 

Expect Christine Jorgensen to replace that slaveholder George Washington on the dollar bill by the time Obama leaves next January.
---
...some countries evolve, others devolve.  We are clearly devolving at this point in time.

Our previous immigrants were Europeans who easily assimilated into our western culture.  Too many of today's immigrants are entrenched in "la revolucion" and have more allegiance to Che Guevara than, say, George Washington.  Theirs is a Third World culture striving for income redistribution.  Hence their immediate affinity to the Democratic Party which promises all sorts of free goodies paid by those rich gringos.

:D

I prefer Yahoo news:

QuoteI done hears theys talk of putting Hillary face on one of the currencies after she is sworn in and during her first term.
Some talking head feminist had mentioned it in a local telecast in chicago.
My dear Americans. Only you can stop this nonsense hoisted on us by the liberal baby boomers. That generation has done more to destroy the normalcy of daily life in this country.
Please vote anyone but Hillary. She is a fraud and demon hoisted on us by the non moral media, corrupt wall street consortium and the Hollywood establishment.

---

Heck, you can add King's mistresses on the back as well. Maybe even Monica qualifies for a spot. I can see her pictured under Bill's desk performing her tasks while the lies and denies continue. .

---

Put a black in the White House ...leaves his mark in history by changing our money to look like third world currency.

---

Imagine how safe our cities would be if blacks had never been brought to America.

---

So we are replacing a president with a nobody and the comments by the gay reporter make it look like Jackson was the worse person on earth, but this is how liberals destroy people to force their agenda on us. The voting was done without allowing the general public a say in it, kind of like everything the GOV wants

---

If the Indians would have played well with others Jackson wouldn't have had to kick their ash, the libs love romanticizing the Indians but let's not forget they would chop up you and your kids and wear your hides as a fashion statement in a New York minute.

---

FACT - Harriet Tubman was an insurgent and terrorist
Go ahead and put her on the $20 bill and give the newly arriving muslim refugees terrorist inspirations.

---

Totally came here to see the swarm of racist and sexist comments. -grabs popcorn- The comments are like a gore movie, it disgusts me yet entertains me at the same time...

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: celedhring on April 21, 2016, 05:05:25 AM
Quote from: Tyr on April 21, 2016, 05:01:24 AM
America 1-0 Britain on this one.
Not looking forward to encountering my first Churchill note in the wild.

There's the Jane Austen note.

I can only recall Rosalía de Castro as the single non-royal female character featured in Spanish bills before we switched over the the euro.

Elizabeth Fry is on the current £5 note, so I would have said UK 1-0 USA myself, not that it greatly matters.

KRonn

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 18, 2015, 06:04:36 AM
Quote from: The Brain on June 18, 2015, 04:15:42 AM
We're getting some real rearded choices on our new bills. Random opera singers and movie directors and shit. Heaven forbid you put a giant like Anders Chydenius on a bill! :rolleyes:

NO Ingmar Bergman on a Swedish banknote?! Absolutely appalling!

Surely they have the Swedish bikini team on a banknote?

Barrister

Ignoring internet comments, I'm pleasantly surprised that even most right-wing commentators are supportive of replacing Jackson with Tubman.

Of course it can't hurt that Jackson was a Democrat, and Tubman a Republican. ;)

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.