Treasury Department to Put a Woman on the $10 Bill in 2020

Started by jimmy olsen, June 17, 2015, 10:20:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Razgovory on July 16, 2015, 09:55:00 PM
It would be more help if you could link me to banks that will go down in the future.

How the hell does CC or I or anyone else knowing the "banks that will go down in the future" have anything to do with how well regulated or not they are? :huh:

Tamas

Quote from: Tyr on April 21, 2016, 05:27:06 AM
It's less the woman issue (I'd place the black issue higher) and rather the more general issue of what they stand for.
Tubman is the positive side of America that they need to push harder to fully embrace. Everyone should be free and equal.
Churchill is the dark side of the UK that we're trying to get away from. Imperialist. Racist. Classist....Not the face 21st century Britain wants at all.

Let's not forget from the list, he was the most agressive and dedicated fighter for the initial welfare reforms around 1909. The friggin' bastard.

Razgovory

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on April 21, 2016, 10:31:58 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on July 16, 2015, 09:55:00 PM
It would be more help if you could link me to banks that will go down in the future.

How the hell does CC or I or anyone else knowing the "banks that will go down in the future" have anything to do with how well regulated or not they are? :huh:

Because the under-regulated banks are the ones that go down.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Barrister

Tyr is the first person I've ever met who didn't like Churchill. :frusty:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Razgovory on April 21, 2016, 12:24:18 PM

First, individual banks cannot be under-regulated; banking sectors can be.

Second, under-regulation is not a cause of bank failure, nor is it absolutely necessary for bank failure.  It just makes bank failure much more likely.  If a bank chooses to conduct itself responsibly without a regulator looking over its shoulder it won't fail, at least not for reasons under its control.

Razgovory

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on April 21, 2016, 12:33:27 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 21, 2016, 12:24:18 PM

First, individual banks cannot be under-regulated; banking sectors can be.

Second, under-regulation is not a cause of bank failure, nor is it absolutely necessary for bank failure.  It just makes bank failure much more likely.  If a bank chooses to conduct itself responsibly without a regulator looking over its shoulder it won't fail, at least not for reasons under its control.

Okay, how do we know before hand if the banking sector is under-regulated?  And if possible tell me which banks are currently acting irresponsibly and will soon go down.  That would be big help.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Admiral Yi

Quote from: garbon on April 21, 2016, 06:40:12 AM
I'm not sure I understand the issue with that statement.

Jackson was a self taught populist frontier lawyer who leveraged military fame into the presidency.  Not a member of any political or economic elite.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 21, 2016, 01:36:30 PM

Jackson was a self taught populist frontier lawyer who leveraged military fame into the presidency.  Not a member of any political or economic elite.

But he was a white cis hetero male, so she was essentially correct.  :lol:

garbon

Well she didn't say he was one.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Admiral Yi

I suppose she could have meant Jackson got out of his chair when a member of the elite entered the room.

Razgovory

He was a very rich planter with over a hundred slaves, and Congressmen and a Senator before becoming President.  What else is require to be economic or political elite?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on April 21, 2016, 03:11:53 PM
He was a very rich planter with over a hundred slaves, and Congressmen and a Senator before becoming President.  What else is require to be economic or political elite?

I was unaware he was that wealthy.

Oexmelin

He is usually considered one of the richest presidents of the USA.
Que le grand cric me croque !