And we're back!

Main Menu

EU Immigration Crisis Megathread

Started by Tamas, June 15, 2015, 11:27:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on September 18, 2015, 08:03:04 AM
Quote from: Legbiter on September 18, 2015, 06:37:58 AM
Well Merkel had to go and insinuate that Germany was ready with free housing and gimedats.

Gutmensch kill.

A gimedat? :huh:

Didn't you know? Immigrants both take all the jobs AND the welfare checks by refusing to work.

Tamas

So it seems Croatia is loading the migrants on buses and dumping the on the Hungarian border, while a few hundred Hungarian soldiers are hurriedly laying barbed wire on the (pretty long) common border.

Also good to see that all political forces are able to overcome petty differences in this case... NOT:

Croatia: government wants to give free passage, opposition demands closing of borders
Slovenia: government wants closure of borders, opposition demands free passage

EDIT and our Foreign Minister continues to wreak havoc, calling Croatian PM "pathetic"

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on September 18, 2015, 08:04:17 AM
Quote from: garbon on September 18, 2015, 08:03:04 AM
Quote from: Legbiter on September 18, 2015, 06:37:58 AM
Well Merkel had to go and insinuate that Germany was ready with free housing and gimedats.

Gutmensch kill.

A gimedat? :huh:

Didn't you know? Immigrants both take all the jobs AND the welfare checks by refusing to work.

Well I'm wondering why 'gimme dat' or 'gimmie dat' which from the wording seems like some sort of attack using the 'speech' of black welfare queens would be used in this context.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Legbiter

Quote from: Tamas on September 18, 2015, 08:05:44 AM
So it seems Croatia is loading the migrants on buses and dumping the on the Hungarian border, while a few hundred Hungarian soldiers are hurriedly laying barbed wire on the (pretty long) common border.

Also good to see that all political forces are able to overcome petty differences in this case... NOT:

Croatia: government wants to give free passage, opposition demands closing of borders

EDIT and our Foreign Minister continues to wreak havoc, calling Croatian PM "pathetic"

Yep, the countries are acting in their own self-interest. Once Germany imposes controls to the entire eastern part of it's borders, Schengen will be dead.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Legbiter on September 18, 2015, 08:16:41 AM

Yep, the countries are acting in their own self-interest. Once Germany imposes controls to the entire eastern part of it's borders, Schengen will be dead.
Border controls are allowed by Schengen. The only people having the right of free movement are EU-citizens, people with a valid visum and people who have their visum-obligations waived. These migrants belong to none of these categories and can be stopped at every border, the other groups just have to show the valid papers and can travel on.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Legbiter on September 18, 2015, 08:16:41 AM

So much self-interest, that to appear to be doing something, Germany has started controls on the Franco-German border. Wacht am Rhein, 2015. :D

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on September 18, 2015, 07:22:43 AM
Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on September 18, 2015, 06:35:04 AM
The "ever closer union"  :lmfao:  will have to be put on hold.

Does it mean the Calais jungle stays where it is or it moves to Dover-Folkestone?  :P

Those poor souls having to endure the horrors of living in France  :hmm:

Josquius

We should fund a cinema for the jungle, playing nothing but the movies of Ken Loache and other such films that highlight Britain's general crappiness.
██████
██████
██████

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on September 18, 2015, 09:25:45 AM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on September 18, 2015, 07:22:43 AM

Does it mean the Calais jungle stays where it is or it moves to Dover-Folkestone?  :P

Those poor souls having to endure the horrors of living in France  :hmm:

If only the far too numerous Brits, who drive up prices in the hinterland (except Calais for some reason), could realise it. :(

Syt

The CSU, ruling party in Bavaria, have a conference next week. Horst Seehofer, their leader and minister president of Bavaria, has caused widespread consternation by inviting Victor Orbán to attend.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Zanza

How does this affect the five hundred million citizens and not the five hundred thousand foreigners this is about?  :huh:

Tamas

Quote from: Zanza on September 18, 2015, 11:49:24 AM
How does this affect the five hundred million citizens and not the five hundred thousand foreigners this is about?  :huh:

Truckers hauling between Serbia and Hungary already demand reparations for lost business due to the closed border.

Austria having border controls (which admittedly they don't fully have at this moment) can be a major strain

Not to mention Germany.

Its not like it will DESTROY Europe's life. It will just proper it back straight to the 60s.

Zanza

The 1960s? Border controls were only abolished in the 1990s and the border between Hungary and Serbia was supposed to always be closely guarded as Serbia is not part of Schengen.
Temporary limited controls of internal borders is one of the measures allowed and foreseen in the Schengen Agreement.
And I can't think of a single crises where the power of the EU hasn't grown as a result. I predict that this will be the same.

mongers

There's a personal use one could use this crisis for; perhaps consider your reactions to it as a 'mirror' within which to view some aspects of your character?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Zanza on September 18, 2015, 11:58:10 AM
And I can't think of a single crises where the power of the EU hasn't grown as a result. I predict that this will be the same.

sadly.