FIFA officials arrested in Switzerland on corruption charges

Started by Barrister, May 27, 2015, 10:03:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Norgy on May 29, 2015, 03:44:17 AM
Blatter's been pulling the strings in FIFA from 1981 (!!!), and the level of corruption is his making.

I'd say the corruption dates back to at least João Havelange, whose protégé was Sepp Blatter.
Havelange sold himself as a representative of the Third World to Africa, Asia and Concacaf to counter European elitism...

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Syt on May 29, 2015, 03:50:19 AM

The former Fifa supremo was asked about the corruption charges, and responded: "I have been in Fifa for 30 years and if I took that money, who gave it to me? Why are only officials in third world countries being charged?".

]America's a third world country?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

Blatter said that he doubts it was coincidence that the sting happened two days before him running for re-election, hinting at a conspiracy.

Well yeah - when better to arrest people from countries where extradition might be difficult, than when they're all gathered in one location in a relatively civilized country? Just seems very logical.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

celedhring

That graph is a bit misleading though; there are 4 other vice presidents that haven't been arrested.

The Larch

Maladict

Grey Fox

The Western World needs to leave FIFA & start LIFA.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Maladict

Blatter is saying how it's a sad state of affairs that there are only two female FIFA officials.
Then he tries to name both of them but can only remember one name.  :D

Norgy

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on May 29, 2015, 05:20:26 AM
Blatter's been pulling the strings in FIFA from 1981 (!!!), and the level of corruption is his making.

I'd say the corruption dates back to at least João Havelange, whose protégé was Sepp Blatter.
Havelange sold himself as a representative of the Third World to Africa, Asia and Concacaf to counter European elitism...

Blatter was his secretary general. Back then, the IOC were the biggest corrupt crooks in international sports. But Blatter has learnt. Now FIFA is alone at the summit of Mount Crooked.

celedhring

Quote from: Norgy on May 29, 2015, 08:32:49 AM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on May 29, 2015, 05:20:26 AM

Blatter was his secretary general. Back then, the IOC were the biggest corrupt crooks in international sports. But Blatter has learnt. Now FIFA is alone at the summit of Mount Crooked.

Are we sure the IOC is clean nowadays?

Syt

Doubtful. Thomas Bach was heaved into office with strong support from Middle East princes with whom he has strong business contacts.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

It appears the British Serious Fraud Office is also investigating several FIFA officials who are suspected of money laundering.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Well, Prince Ali has withdrawn from the race before the second round of voting.

Blatter stays FIFA president.

Which tells you much about how rotten FIFA is when after a week like this he can still get re-elected.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on May 29, 2015, 12:21:14 PM
Well, Prince Ali has withdrawn from the race before the second round of voting.

Too bad. I hear he faced the galloping hordes and a hundred bad guys with swords.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."