And we're back!

Main Menu

Photo-Journalism - Photos of the Week.

Started by mongers, December 05, 2015, 11:10:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

An assortment of news photographs from around the world, I liked these:

QuoteReuters / Friday, November 27, 2015

Blue, white and red brassieres, the colours of the French national flag, hang from a balcony in Marseille, France, November 27, 2015 as the French President called on all French citizens to hang the tricolour national flag from their windows on Friday to pay tribute to the victims of the Paris attacks during a national day of homage.

QuoteReuters / Thursday, December 03, 2015

Firefighters demonstrate by lighting themselves on fire in front of a regional government building to demand more work safety measures and against what they say is a covert privatisation of their sector, in Oviedo, northern Spain, December 3, 2015.

QuoteReuters / Friday, November 27, 2015

A 500-metre (1,640-ft.) aperture spherical telescope (FAST) is seen under construction among the mountains in Pingtang county, Guizhou province, China, November 26, 2015. The telescope, which will be the largest in the world, will be put in use by September 2016, according to local media. REUTERS/Stringer

Lots more here, well worth a visit:
http://uk.reuters.com/news/pictures
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Zanza

mongers

Quote from: Zanza on December 05, 2015, 12:54:22 PM
Cool pics. The link is missing!?

Opps sorry for the Zanza, I've corrected the link, the photo of the week is at the top of the page.

I prefer Reuters for photojournalism, as the BBC and some other mainstream news channels seem to censor their photo links for things that might 'upset' their viewers/readers.

mongers

From from of the Reuters end of year photo slideshows, I 'liked' these two from the migration section:

QuoteReuters / Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Amoun, 70, a blind Palestinian refugee who lived in the town of Aleppo in Syria, rests on a beach moments after arriving along with another forty on a dinghy in the Greek island of Kos, crossing a part of the Aegean Sea from Turkey to Greece, August 12, 2015. REUTERS/Yannis Behrakis

Yannis Behrakis is a talented photographer, full slideshow here:
http://uk.reuters.com/news/picture/pictures-of-the-year-yannis-behrakis?articleId=UKRTX1ZMSF

mongers

This is their Pictures of the year 2015 slideshow, some spectacular images in it and good reminder of this years news stories:

http://www.reuters.com/news/picture/pictures-of-the-year?articleId=USRTX1VU9I

This one is amazing, their firing from a fullsize well equiped basketball court, with MRL that looked to be mounted on rather old jeeps/landrovers?:

QuoteReuters / Wednesday, March 04, 2015

Shi'ite fighters fire a rocket during clashes with Islamic State militants in Salahuddin province, Iraq, March 1, 2015. REUTERS/Ahmed Al-Hussaini

QuoteSmoke and ash rise from the Calbuco volcano as seen from the city of Puerto Montt, April 22, 2015. The Calbuco volcano in southern Chile erupted for the first time in more than five decades in April, sending a thick plume of ash and smoke several miles into the sky. REUTERS/Rafael Arenas

Well worth checking out.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

mongers

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 21, 2015, 10:59:51 PM
Fantastic pics Mongers!

There's many more in that slideshow, what about this one:

QuoteReuters / Thursday, September 17, 2015

Sandstone sculpted by water and wind erosion is seen in a slot canyon, one of hundreds that surround Lake Powell near Page, Arizona, May 26, 2015. Lake Powell on the Colorado River provides water for Nevada, Arizona and California. A severe drought in recent years, combined with withdrawals that many believe are not sustainable, has reduced its levels to only about 42 percent of its capacity. REUTERS/Rick Wilkin