News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Witcher 3

Started by Martinus, May 13, 2015, 07:04:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norgy

I think this is an example of really good story-telling.

Martinus

To give you, guys, an idea how big this game is by Polish standards, CD Projekt just won a prestigious "listed company of the year" award and its revenues went from 96 million zlotys in 2014 to 800 million zlotys in 2015. This is right now one of our primary exports.  :cool:

Josquius

Quote from: Martinus on March 23, 2016, 02:26:14 AM
To give you, guys, an idea how big this game is by Polish standards, CD Projekt just won a prestigious "listed company of the year" award and its revenues went from 96 million zlotys in 2014 to 800 million zlotys in 2015. This is right now one of our primary exports.  :cool:
Though to be fair rather than how big the game is that probably says more about how big Poland is :p

Though that's 100 million quid+ right?
Had no idea it had been so much of a success
██████
██████
██████

Martinus

More - a pound is 5.4 zloty, so that's almost 150 million quid.

Norgy

Well, I am at a point in the story where I don't want it to end, so I do all kinds of side quests.  :cry:

Martinus

I think you can continue doing side quests after the main quest finishes. :)

11B4V

Quote from: Martinus on March 24, 2016, 03:16:26 AM
I think you can continue doing side quests after the main quest finishes. :)

Yes
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Solmyr

Not all though, many side quests are only available before you advance to Act III.

Norgy

"Blood & Wine" apparently is set to release in the first half of 2016.

I still have some scavenger hunts to do as well.

Martinus

Did you get the first expansion pack?

Norgy

Aye. And the terribly sad ending.  :cry:
Oh, well, means I can replay until I get: HAPPY ENDING.

"Hearts of Stone" looks interesting, but you know, The Witcher actually is a bit like a novel or a movie, where you grow a bit attached to the characters.

I think my favourite character which is more of a sideshow is Dijkstra. Obviously, apart from all the harpies, Skellige is my favourite place, as it reminds me of home. Funny that most of the placenames around there are either just lifted straight off a map of Norway or sound Norwegian. But the voice acting is pure Irish.  :D

Solmyr

Quote from: Norgy on March 26, 2016, 10:09:44 AM
I think my favourite character which is more of a sideshow is Dijkstra. Obviously, apart from all the harpies, Skellige is my favourite place, as it reminds me of home. Funny that most of the placenames around there are either just lifted straight off a map of Norway or sound Norwegian. But the voice acting is pure Irish.  :D

It's the generic "northern people with beards who drink and fight a lot" location. :P

Martinus

I gotta tell you guys, that I played both language versions, and the Polish voice acting and writing is sadly (for you) much better than the English one. I am sad you guys are missing so much gold there. :P

Martinus

Did the hot nazi win?

Norgy

Quote from: Martinus on March 26, 2016, 11:38:39 AM

Did the hot nazi win?

[spoiler]Ciri has lost all confidence, due to me taking the emperor's money, trying to comfort her by saying she can't be good at everything after Kaer Moehn and wanting to babysit when she meets those horrible sorceresses. So she's gone. Dead, presumably. The game ends with Geralt back in Velen tracking a werewolf, who'll tell him where the last crone's fled, so he can retrieve Vesemir's amulet as a memento of Cirilla. The final image is of Geralt poring over the amulet, while ghouls, drowners and assorted creeps gather outside the shack.[/spoiler]