Main Menu

Witcher 3

Started by Martinus, May 13, 2015, 07:04:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scipio

Quote from: Norgy on April 01, 2016, 06:55:04 AM
Quote from: Martinus on March 31, 2016, 02:26:15 PM
Quote from: Valmy on March 31, 2016, 02:07:53 PM
The Witcher came out about the same time as Mass Effect and that game has aged pretty well :hmm:

But I guess if it has an Indie look to it.

Trust us, Valmy. Have we ever lied to you? :P

:sleep:

NEVAH!

Anyone have any advice on how to get the Reasons of State quest? :unsure:
Reject nihilism.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Norgy

I loaded an old save, and did the Blindingly Obvious quest again and got Reasons of State.

It was a good quest.

LaCroix

valmy, the general consensus re: witcher 1 is that the first two chapters are really bland, but then the game becomes pretty awesome. I don't get witcher 2 hate -- thought it was fantastic

Josquius

Witcher 1 was amazing all round I thought.
Witcher 2.... I dunno.  A bit on rails? I guess they also made the mistake of splitting the content into 2 paths, so you totally miss much of it, yet the finale is common to both so can be really odd.
I took the human path so never learned about the dragons identity.... but the finale assumed I did
██████
██████
██████

grumbler

I thought W1 was great, but agree that it probably hasn't aged all that well.  W2 I never got more than a couple of hours into, because the insistance that I stop playing an RPG to play a twitch interlude was just too much (I died about three times in the boxing scenario because I wasn't motivated to press random keys as fast as the game wanted me to and then put the game away forever).  I really want to get into W3, but the beginning is pretty hard to get through.  It looks great.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

viper37

Quote from: grumbler on April 07, 2016, 09:07:06 PM
I really want to get into W3, but the beginning is pretty hard to get through.  It looks great.
I found the learning curve to be quite abrupt for a RPG.  It took me a little while to correctly understand what I was doing.  I think once past the first town, things get really interesting from there.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Martinus

Maybe it's a platform issue, as the PS3 version was not that hard. I think the key is to let the game railroad you a bit during the early stuff because there are just so many hard monsters off the beaten path - later, when you level up a bit you can go exploring more.

Norgy

I thought W1 was great, but agree that it probably hasn't aged all that well.  W2 I never got more than a couple of hours into, because the insistance that I stop playing an RPG to play a twitch interlude was just too much (I died about three times in the boxing scenario because I wasn't motivated to press random keys as fast as the game wanted me to and then put the game away forever).  I really want to get into W3, but the beginning is pretty hard to get through.  It looks great.

The boxing in W2 was :bleeding: on PC.

viper37

Blood and Wine
Apparently, it'll be out June 7th.  Still unconfirmed though.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

celedhring

Quote from: Norgy on April 09, 2016, 12:47:05 AM

The boxing in W2 was :bleeding: on PC.

I hated the W2 minigames with passion. Great game otherwise.

Martinus

Blood and Wine trailer out. The expansion out on 31 May.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQxNA0opEqc

This time the story is set in the Duchy of Toussaint.

Scipio

Downloading Blood and Wine. A measly 7.8 GB before unpacking. Oy.
-Jose Canseco

-Every cop, The Wire

-John Hurt

Scipio

Update: It's very French. Basil Fawlty puts in an appearance.
-Jose Canseco

-Every cop, The Wire

-John Hurt

11B4V

Quote from: Scipio on June 02, 2016, 08:22:59 AM
Update: It's very French. Basil Fawlty puts in an appearance.

I'm liking it.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Scipio

Confirm: good as previous installments of Witcher 3.
-Jose Canseco

-Every cop, The Wire

-John Hurt