News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Should this guy lose his job

Started by Josephus, May 12, 2015, 04:23:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

I think the trend of publicly demolishing people who by luck happened to have their worst moments publicized is extremely bad.  Did the company have the right to fire the guy?  Who cares, it was a despicable thing to do regardless, like all other acts committed by members of the mindless mob.

crazy canuck

Quote from: DGuller on May 14, 2015, 11:23:50 AM
it was a despicable thing to do regardless, like all other acts committed by members of the mindless mob.

Enough about the guy who was fired.  What about the decision to fire him  ;)

Admiral Yi

I think the trend of publicly demolishing people who by luck happened to have their worst moments publicized is extremely bad.  Did the company have the right to fire the guy?  Who cares, it was a despicable thing to do regardless, like all other acts committed by members of the mindless mob.

"Just happened to?"  He stuck his face in front of a TV camera.

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 14, 2015, 11:27:19 AM

"Just happened to?"  He stuck his face in front of a TV camera.

This.

I have sympathy for someone who posts something stupid on Twitter or Facebook where they expect nothing will come of it, only for it to go viral.

But that's not what happened here.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

Finally watched the video.  Yellow shirt dude is a dickwad.  Give him the shaft.  Sunglass dude is conflicted at least.

Maximus

Quote from: Josephus on May 14, 2015, 08:57:54 AM
Quote from: Malthus on May 14, 2015, 08:09:52 AM
Quote from: Josephus on May 13, 2015, 08:50:07 PM
I only got 17.  :blush:

I blame my immigrant status though.

Many of them are regional use only ("bunny hug"? WTF? Also, in Toronto, no-one uses "parkade"); some are simply wrong ("Brown noser" = all of the above)

Yes, got both those wrong. Parkade? We just say "underground parking"
Yea actually the question was wrong about that one too. A parkade is a independent structure. Underground parking is just underground parking.

Martinus

This.

saskganesh

Let's hear more from the gay lawyer from Poland, who is afraid to to reveal his own sexuality, complaining about "vindictive cunts" in Canada, because some people -imagine!- are really offended by sexism and public harrassment.

Yeah, that would be the guy I would want representing me in a  grievance.
humans were created in their own image

Ed Anger

Sask drops his cloak and fires a plasma torpedo.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

dps

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 14, 2015, 07:24:01 PM

First sighting in what, 3 years?

Barrister

Quote from: saskganesh on May 14, 2015, 07:08:38 PM
Let's hear more from the gay lawyer from Poland, who is afraid to to reveal his own sexuality, complaining about "vindictive cunts" in Canada, because some people -imagine!- are really offended by sexism and public harrassment.

Yowza
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Barrister on May 14, 2015, 08:47:57 PM
Quote from: saskganesh on May 14, 2015, 07:08:38 PM

Yowza

Mart: delete my browsing history!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josephus

Quote from: dps on May 14, 2015, 08:01:20 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 14, 2015, 07:24:01 PM

First sighting in what, 3 years?

He had a cameo in the Canada thread not long ago
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Eddie Teach

I have that thread on ignore. NHL thread too.

Malthus's francophobia was too much to take. :sleep:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?