News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Should this guy lose his job

Started by Josephus, May 12, 2015, 04:23:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Maybe in Quebec they say "Le hydro" :D
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

Quote from: Josephus on May 13, 2015, 03:15:10 PM
Quote from: Barrister on May 13, 2015, 01:29:13 PM
Quote from: Martinus on May 13, 2015, 01:28:17 PM
Malthus, I can appreciate how this is "how things work", especially as ugly stuff like politics is involved. What I object to are CC's apparent assertions that this vile example of politics destroying a guy's life is somehow desirable, ethical and preferred result.

Getting canned hardly destroys one's life.

It does for many people.

A person making 100k?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on May 13, 2015, 03:18:26 PM
Malthus, I can appreciate how this is "how things work", especially as ugly stuff like politics is involved. What I object to are CC's apparent assertions that this vile example of politics destroying a guy's life is somehow desirable, ethical and preferred result.

It does for many people.

A person making 100k?

Probably especially for someone making 100k.  He probably has a significant mortgage based on that income level.  He will probably have a very difficult time finding another job at that same income level.

Ideologue

It does for many people.

It's like nobody even remembers CDM. :(
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Josephus

Quote from: Ideologue on May 13, 2015, 03:46:58 PM

It does for many people.

It's like nobody even remembers CDM. :(

Those one per centers live on their own planet.....worried about not being able to afford a nanny if minimum wage goes up.  ;)
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Siege

I think everybody should try gay sex.
It is better than heterosex, and you don't get pregnant!

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Syt on May 13, 2015, 03:56:30 PM
http://www.playbuzz.com/debbiemorgan10/how-many-canadian-slang-words-do-you-know

17/20

Two many questions with only two options.

Guessed right on "2'6 and mickey."  What's that?  Or they?

Thanks to Max for "parkade."

The Brain

Quote from: Siege on May 13, 2015, 04:01:38 PM

katmai shouldn't try gay sex.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

http://www.playbuzz.com/debbiemorgan10/how-many-canadian-slang-words-do-you-know

19/20

And I want to argue the one it says I got wrong.  A keener encompasses both being a brown noser and a butt kisser.   :mad:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Siege on May 13, 2015, 04:01:38 PM

You should probably take a pregnancy test, just to be sure. How long has it been since your last period?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 13, 2015, 04:08:17 PM

Didn't know Bunnyhub or Hack a dart.   The rest everyone should know. :)

Bunnyhug is a Saskatchewan thing.  I don't know about the "hack" part, but I have definitely heard a cigarette being called a dart before. (e.g. I'm going outside for a quick dart)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 13, 2015, 04:03:54 PM

17/20

Two many questions with only two options.

Guessed right on "2'6 and mickey."  What's that?  Or they?

Thanks to Max for "parkade."

a 26er is the ounces in bottle of alcohol.  It could be any kind.  A mickey is a smaller container.  You buy a mickey to smuggle into concerts.  You buy a 26er to take to a party.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on May 13, 2015, 04:10:31 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on May 13, 2015, 04:08:17 PM

Didn't know Bunnyhub or Hack a dart.   The rest everyone should know. :)

Bunnyhug is a Saskatchewan thing.  I don't know about the "hack" part, but I have definitely heard a cigarette being called a dart before. (e.g. I'm going outside for a quick dart)

Ah ok, I have heard people say they are going to hack a cig, so I guess hack a dart is the next evolution of the language. :D