News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fallout 4

Started by Syt, May 11, 2015, 07:27:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

I have no idea what were trying to do, but it didn't work.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on June 24, 2015, 10:32:57 PM
I have no idea what were trying to do, but it didn't work.

??
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

The links just kick back to Youtube's default page.

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

11B4V

Interesting, they go to the vids...hmmm

Razgovory

It's okay.  The first step is admitting you have a problem.  Besides, I've already seen the videos.  Looks like they will be fighting the British.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Difficult not to get hyped - looking good so far, and the crafting/base building aspect looks cool. Let's hope this lives up to it.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Iormlund

It does look good. Especially how it has many previously modded stuff built-in.

11B4V

Building your own place is neat too.

grumbler

Quote from: Iormlund on June 29, 2015, 03:34:06 PM
It does look good. Especially how it has many previously modded stuff built-in.

I wish Howard would have mentioned that, and given a tip of the hat to the modders.  They deserve some recognition for the legs they have given Bethesda's games.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

It looks like Bethesda feels comfortable enough to tell their own story instead of just recycling existing Fallout stuff.  Replicants, British redcoats, British redcoats on airships.  Okay, admittedly a great deal of their new stuff is stolen from Philip K. Dick, but that's okay.  I thought it was a big disappointment that Fallout 3 didn't have a whole lot new ideas in it.  The biggest highlight was the virtual reality world set up by the crazy German scientist.  They really should have centered the game around that guy.  He was interesting and fits well within the idea of traditional fantasy genre through the lens of a post nuclear world that drove the first game.

celedhring

I thought New Vegas made some good additions to the mythos, myself. But that was an Obsidian game.

Razgovory

Quote from: celedhring on July 05, 2015, 10:44:46 AM
I thought New Vegas made some good additions to the mythos, myself. But that was an Obsidian game.

I agree, though it was made by some of the people who worked at Interplay and were tasked with the making of the original Fallout 3 a decade ago.  So they naturally felt at home with the setting.

Caliga

So now that the release is coming closer I need to decide... do I get this for my PS4 or my PC?

PS4 pros: can play it on my TV which is hooked up to the stereo system, controller probably less clunky then KB/mouse

PC pros: probably easier to mod, with more mods available, slightly better hardware on my PC

If I get it for PC, I'll also have to break down and get a gaming headset, as my PC is in my pool room downstairs and I didn't bother to hook up my ancient speaker set to it.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points